Cup of Hope 2013 (parallel to the Gagarin Cup)

ficohok*

He's talking about the junior teams of Salzburg and Vienna who are currently playing in the EBYSL. There were talks that they wanted to join the KHL junior league MHL.

Yes I know that he was talking about junior teams :) I just wonder what kind of problems they could have, because clubs have same arenas for juniors/seniors and I didn't hear any problem about arenas this season :)

@vorky - those two clubs in Tirol could be LA Stars !? I think they are private clubs and if you want to play for them season cost around 10.000 euros or smth like that.

Ok, enough on off-topic :)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Kajoo, Im on your side for this one.... Awful idea, get rid of ASAP.

League - Who wants to be king of the losers? No? That doesn't sound good to you? Well what about for money? -Players -Okay, lets just become a bunch of hockey mercenaries and hoar ourselves out for money, why not.

True Hockey fans - There is no glory in it. Disgusting, just make the season longer then you will have more, meaningful hockey to watch.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
not, see previous post

Wow, I wasn't aware of that! Problems with a roof in Tirol? I guess you must be talking about Telfs (a town with 15,000 inhabitants). They're actually building that arena, it's supposed to open in March. I'm interested in the links, Slovak or not.

Yes I know that he was talking about junior teams :) I just wonder what kind of problems they could have, because clubs have same arenas for juniors/seniors and I didn't hear any problem about arenas this season :)

My bad.

those two clubs in Tirol could be LA Stars !?

They're from Upper Austria, so no.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
Bold part is evidence you dont understand the "project" KHL-VHL-MHL. One of reason why was MHL created was to play games at appropriate arenas, not training rinks as before. You know, MHL wants to attract fans to visit games. Therefore better arenas. Why do you think there is no austrian club in MHL this season? Because they had problems with arena... training rink=no MHL.

MHL is only KHL´s side product, and as a side product will never be given priority at costs of KHL. I´m actually suspect it´s quite opposite - MHL teams palying in big arenas just filling holes in calendar.

Do you seriously believe that arena in Omsk or Astana are busier than Madison Square Garden ? :laugh:

tell it to owners of arenas. They wil not share your point of view. Many of them.

sure, which arena owner would resist to opportunity rent his place to MHL team with 300-400 fans instead of KHL team with 6000-7000 fans ? Truly a no-brainer.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
kajoo
do you know why I dont attend forum of physicists? Because I dont understand it. The same with AHL for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad