Line Combos: Cunningham, Camper, Camara, Florek

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Does anyone think one of these guys might stick on the team over the forward prospects that get more attention? (Koko, Spooner, Knight)

I am guessing our 3 highly touted forward prospects get the Marchand treatment and are forced to play another year in Providence. Particularly with the Seguin stuff no reason to rush anyone.

I think these 4 guys will all be given a shot to make the team.

How do people think our 2 new prospects from the Stars compare to these guys we already have in our system who are a little older? *Edit- Camara isn't older just doesn't get the attention on this board of the other guys.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
My money is on Fraser or Smith if the team goes for an internal option on third line wing IMO. Spooner is the only Bruins prospect as good at them and they're both older and natural wingers. Camper and Cunningham do have a shot I would think though, especially like what I've heard about Camper. Camara will need AHL time.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
Think Camper should get a big look. One of Providence's best forwards and a real smart player. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first prospect to earn the call-up to Boston.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
My money is on Fraser or Smith if the team goes for an internal option on third line wing IMO. Spooner is the only Bruins prospect as good at them and they're both older and natural wingers. Camper and Cunningham do have a shot I would think though, especially like what I've heard about Camper. Camara will need AHL time.

Disagree.

I think both Dallas prospects get sent to Providence. Like Boychuk a few years ago despite being older when they became Bruins property we still want them to play a year in our system. He was good in the A for Colorado but still had to play in Providence for us before we brought him up.

Camper and Cunningham probably have the best shot. BUt Florek is an outsider.

Fighting is why Camara has a chance to stick IMO if he looks as good as his competition we might keep him for that reason.

I haven't seen anyone post a good reason why Spooner, Knight, and Kokolachev don't need another season in the AHL I sort of think each needs to be lights out in camp to stick.

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
I'm a huge fan of Carter Camper who was teammates with Reilly Smith at Miami Ohio, which was one of the best offenses in college for a couple of years. Cunningham is sorta like Marchand without the rat. Camara is a future Bruin but maybe not this year, unless he really takes a job away in training camp. Florek's impressive for a guy that had zero hype, he's huge and can skate. You picked four good young players who are alike in their quality. Other than that they have nothing in common and it may just come down to the teams needs and wether or not they have the spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad