CT5-V Blackwing - Last Cadillac V8

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
My dealerships order allocation finally moved to "placed" as of this morning. Looking like a late Jan build date. Frothing at the mouth if I'm being honest.

Reactions: TaLoN

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My dealerships order allocation finally moved to "placed" as of this morning. Looking like a late Jan build date. Frothing at the mouth if I'm being honest.

Wait, do you work for a Caddy shop or did you place an order for one?

Either way, sounds like you'll be one of the first around to lay eyes on this one

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Wait, do you work for a Caddy shop or did you place an order for one?

Either way, sounds like you'll be one of the first around to lay eyes on this one
Sorry, for clarity, I had been dealing with multiple dealerships for the past 9mo trying to get my hands on one(or at least the promise of one) since I missed the original 250 preorders that went out. I had put a couple deposits down but was contacted overnight by the the GM of one I've been dealing with most intimately up in SF who confirmed that the order event moved to 2000, which means it had been accepted by GM. Sounds like possibly a couple of other dealerships didn't come through with orders for their allocation so this dealership jumped on it.

So far I've seen a couple presold at dealerships and only 1 on the road in the OC but I think we'll start seeing a lot more in the coming weeks with them all starting to land at dealerships locally. Looking forward to it, my one gripe at this stage was that I wasn't able to order it with the emerald frost color (limited production) but I'll get over it quickly, I'm sure.

Reactions: TaLoN

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sorry, for clarity, I had been dealing with multiple dealerships for the past 9mo trying to get my hands on one(or at least the promise of one) since I missed the original 250 preorders that went out. I had put a couple deposits down but was contacted overnight by the the GM of one I've been dealing with most intimately up in SF who confirmed that the order event moved to 2000, which means it had been accepted by GM. Sounds like possibly a couple of other dealerships didn't come through with orders for their allocation so this dealership jumped on it.

So far I've seen a couple presold at dealerships and only 1 on the road in the OC but I think we'll start seeing a lot more in the coming weeks with them all starting to land at dealerships locally. Looking forward to it, my one gripe at this stage was that I wasn't able to order it with the emerald frost color (limited production) but I'll get over it quickly, I'm sure.

Wild.

I've only seen a couple 4 banger CT5's driving around SE Massachusetts. I had looked at them over the summer but my kids demanded 3 rows, and if I'm sitting in a Cadillac a 4 cylinder wasn't gonna cut it. I couldn't justify the price jump to the turbo 3.0

Reactions: Jason Squirties

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
They did a fantastic job with the CTS and ATS, despite not having monster motors. Unfortunately I think they confused the market. Like you mention, Cadillac and overhead v8 are basically synonymous to most people. Suddenly they're making 2 liter turbos and trying to compete with the 3 Series BMW? Don't get me wrong, the ATS and CTS are wonderful cars IMO, it's just confusing.
Cadillac lost its way decades ago and still hasn't caught up.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad