OT: CSN Chicago becomes NBC Sports Chicago on Oct 2

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Stamford, CT/Chicago, IL (August 23, 2017) -- NBC Sports Regional Networks will align the remainder of its five CSN-branded networks, as well as two TCNs, on Monday, October 2. The new names will incorporate “NBC Sports” with each of the networks’ regional designations. The announcement was made today by David Preschlack, President, NBC Sports Regional Networks and NBC Sports Group Platform and Content Strategy.

The brand evolution will not impact the scheduled games, pre- and post-game shows, and other programming currently available on these networks.

CSN Chicago, CSN Northwest and CSN Philadelphia will combine “NBC Sports” with their current regional designations: NBC Sports Chicago, NBC Sports Northwest and NBC Sports Philadelphia. TCN will transition to NBC Sports Philadelphia +, and continue to house separate material produced by NBC Sports Philadelphia.

Just a friendly notice that CSN Chicago will be getting a name change in early October. So if your confused about why you aren't seeing CSN on your TV Guide or why future GDTs are listed as 'NBC Sports Chicago' instead of 'CSN Chicago', this would be the reasoning.

Edit: Forgot source http://www.csnchicago.com/other-spo...s-align-csn-properties-under-nbc-sports-brand

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooh

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Never forget.

254px-Versus_logo.svg.png

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I forgot that godforsaken Versus network existed.

What's that? You finally have the night off and can actually watch a Hawks playoff game? Congrats! Actually, no. You don't have Versus. You can't watch. Go **** your self.

...pretty much Spring of 2010 for me

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I liked Versus/OLN

They cared about product and worked to improve in all facets of production. Starting from ground up was not easy task

Also I had channel entire time so it wasn't a problem for me that it was for others

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Didn't Hughson call games on Versus too? I think I remember him being a terrible homer in the Hawks/Nucks series

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I forgot that godforsaken Versus network existed.

What's that? You finally have the night off and can actually watch a Hawks playoff game? Congrats! Actually, no. You don't have Versus. You can't watch. Go **** your self.

...pretty much Spring of 2010 for me

I don't remember ever having any issues with VS..... :dunno:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Versus was at most amateur hour stuff, but I still liked it as hockey was their bread and butter and the only time they ever really steered away from it was when they covered some of their other niche exclusive stuff. It was essentially ESPN Ocho with hockey. NBCSN has taken a step back for me, as they try to cover almost everything now and as a result they have less of a focus on hockey (though it is still their biggest thing).

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Versus was at most amateur hour stuff, but I still liked it as hockey was their bread and butter and the only time they ever really steered away from it was when they covered some of their other niche exclusive stuff. It was essentially ESPN Ocho with hockey. NBCSN has taken a step back for me, as they try to cover almost everything now and as a result they have less of a focus on hockey (though it is still their biggest thing).

The NHL needs ESPN in America. If MLB, NBA, NFL, and even MLS have multiple national broadcasting deals, why doesn't the NHL? The NHL made one of the dumbest deals in US TV sports history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad