Crusader Kings III

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

A couple of pics are up on Steam. Have to imagine it will be a pretty tricky launch given all of the CKII DLC that everyone is accustomed to

White nationalists are already review-bombing because there's no "Deus Vult"

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Wow, they're finally gonna go forward with a ck3? Figured they'd ride the dlc train to eternity on ck2.

Wonder what they can do to make it different.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I can't stand Paradox's DLC model. Why can't they just do several big expansion packs instead?

Feeling like they are trying to nickle and dime you is exhausting.

Reactions: Desdichado30

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
takemymoney.jpg

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I can't stand Paradox's DLC model. Why can't they just do several big expansion packs instead?

Feeling like they are trying to nickle and dime you is exhausting.

There is pluses as minuses for sure. One of the pluses is the games remain under development for longer than otherwise.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
There is pluses as minuses for sure. One of the pluses is the games remain under development for longer than otherwise.
Yeah I definitely prefer it to the AAA 'live service' model where you still pay for DLC and if the game doesn't blow up they abandon it. At least the core games are usually pretty good and you can pick+choose what you want. Every once in a while I play cities skylines with like no DLC and I have a great time, eventually I'll get some and it'll be like getting a proper expansion pack

Reactions: Saskatoon

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

A couple of pics are up on Steam. Have to imagine it will be a pretty tricky launch given all of the CKII DLC that everyone is accustomed to

White nationalists are already review-bombing because there's no "Deus Vult"

Yeah, the game might feel REALLY empty. And the biggest issue might just be the timespan. I mean, you can't quite go Hastings-to-fall-of-Constantinople after going back to the integration of Aquitaine in Charlemagne's Empire...

The review bombing was as predictable as it's childish, puerile and pointless. The phrase has no actual function in the game. I'd understand the outrage, and be outraged myself, if PDX had taken out... I dunno... CRUSADES, but that's not what's at stake here.

And the calls for "historical accuracy" are bullocks considering what can actually happen in a CK playthrough.

Last edited:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Standard Edition: $49.99
Royal Edition: $74.99

Royal Edition Includes:
  • Main Game
  • Garments Of The Holy Roman Empire (bonus)
  • Expansion Pass:
  1. - Fashion of the Abbasid Court (Available day 1)
  1. - First Flavor Pack
  1. - First Major Expansion
  1. - Second Flavor Pack
(Flavor packs will be $6.99 / Major Expansions will be $29.99)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad