Confirmed with Link: Crunch signings & re-signings: Desjardins, Taormina, Neilson, Mormina, Walker

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I will withhold judgment until numbers are announced.

I like the idea of bringing back both, though. Desjardins allows us to have a backup-backup goalie in case of an injury.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Surprised CD will be back. I figured it was going to be Riku & Gudlevskis since Murray said he expected Gudlevskis would be better in the AHL next year. Is Vasilevskiy still expected to come to Syracuse or remain overseas?

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Surprised CD will be back. I figured it was going to be Riku & Gudlevskis since Murray said he expected Gudlevskis would be better in the AHL next year. Is Vasilevskiy still expected to come to Syracuse or remain overseas?

I wonder what Riku's status is. I know he's on a one-way, I know I don't feel confident having him as the #3 in the system (whereas I feel ok about having Cedrick there), and I know all his success has come overseas. I wonder if they're working out a way for him to just go back to Europe and bring over Gudlevskis. I know I'd feel more confident rolling with Cedrick and a kid than Riku and a kid.

As of most recently, BriseBois said they weren't expecting Vasilevskiy to come over until his Russian contract expires, which is at the end of this season.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
As of most recently, BriseBois said they weren't expecting Vasilevskiy to come over until his Russian contract expires, which is at the end of this season.

They are likely trying to hold off for one more year, then bring over Vasi and Janus at the same time when Riku's and Cedric's contracts expire. I believe both Vasi and Janus are expected to return next year when their current contracts with other teams end. I personally cant wait to see the two fighting for number one in Syracuse, while Bishop and Lindback are hopefully fighting it out for number one in tampa.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
I'm glad they resigned Taormina. The current Bolts' scouts have shown they have a good eye for forward talent, but to be honest, I was starting to have some doubts about their ability to identify defensive talent.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Gudlevskis is 20 and never played in NA, I wouldn't trust him as a back up yet. He will most likely start in the ECHL since Nagle is gone. He'll move up if theres an injury, I also suspect we'll be looking to move Riku at some point next season.

Syracuse Crunch fan

Apr 28, 2003
Syracuse
Visit site
I think the biggest signing will actually be Mormina. With Gudas in particular gone, the Crunch had a wealth of two-way or offensive d men but not anyone that's considered a big hitter or physical guy. Mormina brings that. He's the prototypical guy you hate to play against, a little dirty, but is exactly what the Crunch needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad