Crowdsourcing the 2016-2017 Opening Night Roster - Poll #2, 1st D Pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
23 men will be tasked with traveling to Edmonton and giving the grease a beatdown in their new dome, but it's up to us to decide who gets to go! Let's see what HFFlames thinks the opening night roster should look like.

We'll pick a 23 man roster (for convenience, 14F, 7D, 2G). There will be several key assumptions:

1. Gaudreau is re-signed and will play on the 1st line.
2. Monahan and Gaudreau will play together.
3. Elliot and Johnson will be the 2 goalies.

I feel that all of these assumptions are 100% likely to be valid, barring injuries of course. If you disagree, post in the thread. If you think more assumptions can be made, post in the thread as well, as it will cut down the # of polls required.

The Roster

Gaudreau-Monahan-Brouwer
#2LW-#2C-#2RW
#3LW-#3C-#3RW
#4LW-#4C-#4RW
spare F #1-spare F #2

#1LD-#1RD
#2LD-#2RD
#3LD-#3RD
spare D

#1G
#2G

I'll post the polls every day, and we'll have runoffs based on the following rules:

Run-off rules:
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

So let's continue, and determine the #1 D pairing. Since the choices for #1LD are Gio and Brodie, I figure we can get two spots filled at once.

I'll tally the votes for this poll at noon mountain time tomorrow, then post the next poll.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
This should be as much of a lock as Johnny - Money on the first line.

I agree, but I do think it would be good to have one of Brodie or Gio play with Wideman and the other with Hamilton, since nobody else will be able to do a passable job of it. It could also push Jokipakka down to the third pair where he is probably best suited.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Went with Giordano-Brodie. It would be nice to split them up eventually but as of right now they are our best options to play against tough competition. If either Jokipakka or Wotherspoon show signs that they can play a good shutdown game, then I would like to pair one of them with either Giordano or Brodie, while the other 1/2 of Brodano plays with Hamilton.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I agree, but I do think it would be good to have one of Brodie or Gio play with Wideman and the other with Hamilton, since nobody else will be able to do a passable job of it. It could also push Jokipakka down to the third pair where he is probably best suited.

Are we talking about where they should ideally be throughout the year, or what the opening night roster will look like?

While I'd like to say there's a negative percentage chance of NOT starting Brodano opening night... I have no idea how Gulutzan will manage the roster.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Are we talking about where they should ideally be throughout the year, or what the opening night roster will look like?

While I'd like to say there's a negative percentage chance of NOT starting Brodano opening night... I have no idea how Gulutzan will manage the roster.

opening night.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Gio-Wides
Brodie-Dougie

I prefer Gio-Dougie. It looked bad last year at the beginning but was okay near the end of the season. I'd like to see them together as the top pair. TJ Brodie and whoever (still think it should be Kulak) will be an effective second pair.

Gio-Hamilton
Kulak-Brodie :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad