• Spencer Knight

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Hey,

Admins can move/delete this if I’m not supposed to do it. I am in a Keeper Fantasy league and I thought, like the prospect voting, it would be interesting to get all of your perspectives on who I should keep in my team this year.

Everyone currently in my roster is an option for voting, you can pick any ten (I also have Savoie in an additional “Not active” slot).

Categories include PIMs, hits, blocks, FOWs and otherwise the usual sort of spread

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Keep: Matthews, Larkin, Connor, Fox, Hughes, Samsonov, Sorokin

Debateable: Wilson, Barrie, Toffoli, Toews, Mangiapane

If you HAVE to keep 10, I'd probably lean towards Wilson, Barrie and Toffoli as the other 3.

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Keep: Matthews, Larkin, Connor, Fox, Hughes, Samsonov, Sorokin

Debateable: Wilson, Barrie, Toffoli, Toews, Mangiapane

If you HAVE to keep 10, I'd probably lean towards Wilson, Barrie and Toffoli as the other 3.
Interesting. No Evander Kane. He’s been a Fantasy golden child for me.
I do not have to keep all 10. All players that are not marked as keepers go back into a new draft, along with all the new 2023 NHL draft kids. So in theory I could get first stab at Bedard by not keeping all 10.
I suspect others might be thinking the same though and I finished 2nd last year so I’d be at the end of the round.

Taking that approach, the question would be whether someone like Wilson is better than a Fantilli or even a Benson.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Interesting. No Evander Kane. He’s been a Fantasy golden child for me.
I do not have to keep all 10. All players that are not marked as keepers go back into a new draft, along with all the new 2023 NHL draft kids. So in theory I could get first stab at Bedard by not keeping all 10.
I suspect others might be thinking the same though and I finished 2nd last year so I’d be at the end of the round.

Taking that approach, the question would be whether someone like Wilson is better than a Fantilli or even a Benson.

I just don't trust Kane to behave -- always seems like he's a hair away from his career being over due to injury and/or off-ice issues.

As far as your 2nd question -- personally, I'd rather a shot at a guy like Fantilli than Wilson.

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I just don't trust Kane to behave -- always seems like he's a hair away from his career being over due to injury and/or off-ice issues.

As far as your 2nd question -- personally, I'd rather a shot at a guy like Fantilli than Wilson.
I like the idea.
My initial thoughts were the seven you listed, plus Trocheck (FOWs, hits and PIMs are quite high) and Gudas (second in the league for hits). Then I wasn’t sure.

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua

Also I wanted the results to show as people voted. What’d I do wrong?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I went with:

Matthews
Larkin
Connor
Wilson
Toews
Fox
L Hughes
Sorokin
Knight

Dealer's choice on a 10th option, or not. There's a lot of mid six / bottom four talent on your roster and I don't know that any one of them is going to have a better season than any other. You'd have to weigh league options and settings.

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I went with:

Matthews
Larkin
Connor
Wilson
Toews
Fox
L Hughes
Sorokin
Knight

Dealer's choice on a 10th option, or not. There's a lot of mid six / bottom four talent on your roster and I don't know that any one of them is going to have a better season than any other. You'd have to weigh league options and settings.
What’s your thinking on Knight over Samsonov?

I’ve been holding Knight for a couple of years, hoping I was onto a future winner. I thought this might be the year I cut the cord there.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
What’s your thinking on Knight over Samsonov?

I’ve been holding Knight for a couple of years, hoping I was onto a future winner. I thought this might be the year I cut the cord there.
I'm a Sabres fan. I choose violence when it comes to Toronto players.

Except Matthews obv...you can't not keep him.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad