Value of: Crouse to DET

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Crouse is a good player, plays a physical game and can score. I think a fair amount of GMs would value his combination of scoring and physicality, but 40-45pt wingers, physical or not, also aren't unattainable and some of the asks in this thread feel very bloated to me. If he was available I think Crouse would be worth something like a 1st and a decent spec. I think as a trade piece he reminds me of Blake Coleman in 2020, though Coleman can play C even if Crouse is the better player.

I wouldn't put it out of the question though that Arizona could find the perfect trade partner who'd be willing to pay through the nose, but I think paying that much for a winger would require you to be a clear contender who needs the perfect piece to put you over the top, and Detroit definitely isn't in that position and not many teams are, imo.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
That is hilarious:two minor leaguers that cannot make a mediocre team's roster( small winger drafted 6 years ago and defenseman who has a problem with defense drafted 4 years ago) for legitimate power winger with very reasonable contract? Do you realize Arizona has abundance of players like that in Tucson?

I'm not contesting that this ain't enough to get Crouse, but this is a laughable evaluation of Berggren and Detroit.

Reactions: raymond23

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I could see a 1st two years out plus one of those players getting it done

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
We have Crouse at home
IMG_8214.jpeg

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm not saying he should be traded for Berggren or Fabbri, but I also find it highly unlikely that the posters saying he would cost more than Chychrun are right either.

People obviously love his play style, and hes a really effective player... but his limited production and fact that hes a winger, ya hes not returning a bigger haul than a 22 year old, top 3 dman that was signed to term as well.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
No. Wings shouldn't be giving up premium assets (because thats what it would take to get him) for a forward with a career high of 45 points no matter what his size is.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Reading this thread makes it sound like we're talking about a top-line star powerforward, then I realize it's a 26 year old large size player with a career high of 45 points lmao.

William Wallinder and a 2nd round pick is the most I'd pay for this Crouse.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
That is hilarious:two minor leaguers that cannot make a mediocre team's roster( small winger drafted 6 years ago and defenseman who has a problem with defense drafted 4 years ago) for legitimate power winger with very reasonable contract? Do you realize Arizona has abundance of players like that in Tucson?

We all can play the homer game.

You want more for a mediocre top-6 forward whos never broken 45 pts?

See how ridiculous that looks? Thats how your post looks.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
I'm not contesting that this ain't enough to get Crouse, but this is a laughable evaluation of Berggren and Detroit.
That's fine...just describe for me a team that didn't make the playoffs since 2016 and the player that was drafted 6 years ago and he is still in minors and player drafted 4 years ago who has a good potential but didn't progressed well (especially with his defensive play)

• Haha

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
That's fine...just describe for me a team that didn't make the playoffs since 2016 and the player that was drafted 6 years ago and he is still in minors and player drafted 4 years ago who has a good potential but didn't progressed well (especially with his defensive play)

Go look at Detroit prospect development for the last, oh, I dunno, 20 years? :laugh:

They're obsessed with doing this shit.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

He was literally named the he top young player (U22) in the SHL last year. He sure hasn’t progressed well at all

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

You're ignoring quite a bit of context. Detroit is firmly in a playoff spot currently. There are very few teams that have wingers like Sprong, Fabbri, etc on their fourth line. Couple that with Detroit loving to overcook prospects and you can see why he's not on the team. He's progressed very well. No clue where you got that from. We are excited for him but it is also possible he might not have a long term spot on this team with Raymond, Cat, Rasmussen, Fabbri signed and hopefully Kane and Sprong re-signed soon too.

Reactions: wings95

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Crouse is a good player, plays a physical game and can score. I think a fair amount of GMs would value his combination of scoring and physicality, but 40-45pt wingers, physical or not, also aren't unattainable and some of the asks in this thread feel very bloated to me. If he was available I think Crouse would be worth something like a 1st and a decent spec. I think as a trade piece he reminds me of Blake Coleman in 2020, though Coleman can play C even if Crouse is the better player.

I wouldn't put it out of the question though that Arizona could find the perfect trade partner who'd be willing to pay through the nose, but I think paying that much for a winger would require you to be a clear contender who needs the perfect piece to put you over the top, and Detroit definitely isn't in that position and not many teams are, imo.
It’s always entertaining reading some of the value expectations, on certain players who for whatever reason, have become HF favs on this site. Especially when you compare them to players who have the opposite HF hate on the site. Those people who think Crouse is somehow worth multiple 1st Rounders and top prospects, are the same folks who likely say Shane Pinto is worth about a 2nd Rounder.

You’re 100% correct on what his value likely is. If Detroit traded for him, he’s not replacing anyone on their PP, and likely ends up like Rasmussen this season. Playing up and down the lineup, depending on where they currently needed him.

He’d be a role player this season in Detroit. Maybe that changes in another 50-100 games, maybe it doesn’t.

His opportunities in Arizona today, just wouldn’t be those same opportunities in Detroit this season. 25% of his production is also on the PP. In Detroit this year, he’d likely be around 18-22 point right now. Capped out between 30-35 points at season’s end.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a great addition. He’d make them even more of a matchup nightmare. Having him, Fischer and Rasmussen would cause all kinds of matchup issues in a 7 game series. He’d be a pace changer for sure.

So while he can be a consistent 40-50 point player with the right opportunities, some of the values people are talking about, just aren’t based in reality. Even with his ability to change the pace of a game.. There’s much cheaper options out there, to accomplish what he’d bring to the table, than many of the asks in this thread. That goes for every team. Not just Detroit.

Those who say Arizona would just keep him if those asks weren’t met? Well of course. That’s how things work. That’s why it took them a year to trade Chychrun. They set a price nobody was paying. Doesn’t mean a player is somehow worth some inflated value because a team isn’t trading him.

Reactions: Misko and wings95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad