Value of: Crouse to DET

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Was just wondering if Arizona would have any interest in moving crouse. Think he’d be a great fit in DET playing in their top 6. Fits the age and he has term.

Berggren and wallinder could be a couple of pieces of interest for Arizona

Reactions: FlyguyOX

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
You’re not going to like how this thread will play out, with those pieces mentioned. Crouse plays a premium style and has good term at a friendly number. He’s a better asset than his numbers and the asks will reflect that.
What would be your ask? Middle six winger plus a potential top four D man, what else needs to be added? Wings probably won't trade their first.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Would absolutely love him on the wings but if he was available we'd be giving up more than what people would feel comfortable with, at least based on whats been offered so far. If I thought he would put us in contention I'd be all over that, but I'd rather use those pieces on a solid d man

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
That is hilarious:two minor leaguers that cannot make a mediocre team's roster( small winger drafted 6 years ago and defenseman who has a problem with defense drafted 4 years ago) for legitimate power winger with very reasonable contract? Do you realize Arizona has abundance of players like that in Tucson?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Arizona fans deeply overrating a player who has (checks notes) a career high of 45 points on a garbage team.

Sounds about right. Why do the Wings trade for this guy when they are already one of the highest scoring teams in the league? Wings need defense, not forwards. I don't care about his "play style". You don't trade 1sts and premium assets for a 40 point winger based on "play style".

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Arizona fans deeply overrating a player who has (checks notes) a career high of 45 points on a garbage team.

Sounds about right. Why do the Wings trade for this guy when they are already one of the highest scoring teams in the league? Wings need defense, not forwards. I don't care about his "play style". You don't trade 1sts and premium assets for a 40 point winger based on "play style".
Same reason Arizona fans overrate him is why fans of other teams inquire about him. The ask is unreal, but the want is as well. Just trade for Debrusk or whoever.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006

Well done. A single reply that encompasses the two primary meanings of ignorant.

Reactions: majormajor

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY

I don't think they're overrating him. I'd give a lot to get him to Carolina in storm flag red and black.

Reactions: Nowotny

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

6’4” 220lb, 20+ goal power forward. Very good skater, plays a full 200’ 2-way game. Not a massive knock-out hitter, but consistently uses his size for advantage in all situations and doesn’t “play small”. Signed to a reasonable cap hit for three seasons after this one covering his prime until age 30. His play has continued to improve every season, including the current season. Alternate Captain for the team, and praised by the team and teammates for his leadership skills.

He’s the type of player every GM loves. He’d be deployed as a top 6 forward on most, if not all, teams in the league. Also the type of winger every puck hogging center loves—plays great without the puck on his stick. Very good at working the boards and corners to retrieve pucks back to his center, and crashing the net.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
6’4” 220lb, 20+ goal power forward. Very good skater, plays a full 200’ 2-way game. Not a massive knock-out hitter, but consistently uses his size for advantage in all situations and doesn’t “play small”. Signed to a reasonable cap hit for three seasons after this one covering his prime until age 30. His play has continued to improve every season, including the current season. Alternate Captain for the team, and praised by the team and teammates for his leadership skills.

He’s the type of player every GM loves. He’d be deployed as a top 6 forward on most, if not all, teams in the league. Also the type of winger every puck hogging center loves—plays great without the puck on his stick. Very good at working the boards and corners to retrieve pucks back to his center.
If Crouse were actually available, I’d offer Foegele, Broberg, and two firsts.

I don’t for a second believe he’s actually available.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Was just wondering if Arizona would have any interest in moving crouse. Think he’d be a great fit in DET playing in their top 6. Fits the age and he has term.

Berggren and wallinder could be a couple of pieces of interest for Arizona
Keep adding from Detroit. A 1st round pick + another good prospect better than these two.

Crouse for Seider.

A trade of two deeply overrated players.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
cool, he went for a lot less than what your clamoring for
No he didn’t. For the vast majority of the entire debacle my belief was that he’d go for two assets worth approximately 25th overall and one asset worth approximately 55th overall.

They got 12th overall in 2023 and two future 2nds.

In 2022, 11th overall was traded for 27, 34, and 45. He returned that value and two 2nds.

There were times I thought he’d get more. And there were times I thought he’d get less. The majority of the time I expected approximately 25+25+55 and I ended up with approximately 25+35+45+55+55.

If Crouse were available, I would be keen on Buffalo putting their first in this draft into it with only a 1OA protection and that wouldn't be the only piece.
You could have him for just that one piece. ;)

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
No he didn’t. For the vast majority of the entire debacle my belief was that he’d go for two assets worth approximately 25th overall and one asset worth approximately 55th overall.

In 2022, 11th overall was traded for 27, 34, and 45. He returned that value and two 2nds.

There were times I thought he’d get more. And there were times I thought he’d get less. The majority of the time I expected approximately 25+25+55 and I ended up with approximately 25+35+45+55+55.
lol back pedal more, you were literally asking for teams blue chips. and the best arizona got was 12th ahahah

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
lol back pedal more, you were literally asking for teams blue chips. and the best arizona got was 12th ahahah
You might be able to cherry pick some of those. I posted a lot. I’m telling you that my general expectation was almost always assets worth two picks in the mid twenties and one asset worth a pick in the mid 50s. You might have thought Durzi was worth the 20s asset and not the 50s asset and that Turcotte and Bjornfot were too. But that’s obviously not the case.

By the way, Daniil But is absolutely a blue chip prospect.

Reactions: Schemp and SlafySZN

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

You could have him for just that one piece. ;)

Alright then. I suppose I will have to see if Adams and Army can make that happen then. :D

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Crouse were actually available, I’d offer Foegele, Broberg, and two firsts.

I don’t for a second believe he’s actually available.
2 throe ind and 3 late 1st

It has to be more than chychrjn got in return

Ottawa pick >> 2 1sts
2 2nds>> csp dump and bromberg

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Coyotes are loaded with forward prospects and have very little depth on D.

If Detroit asks about him, I bet the Coyotes have a couple D prospects in mind.

Reactions: Kaizen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad