Crouse or White - who sticks?

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
In the future let's say Hanzal is healthy and we keep Strome and Dvo and sit Dauphin. We now have too many wingers.

Who should stay - White or Crouse?

White is grit and energy and has surprised me with his offensive upside. He is in guy's faces and will drop the gloves. He has gotten strictly 4th line minutes but his Corsi and points are not bad comparatively.

Crouse when given the opportunity is showing more and more. He is strong on PK and could play that role all season. He is solid forechecking and has offence skills - no doubt. His Corsi and points are not terrible. People have stated that he could develop more in juniors, but I disagree the more I see him and feel he can fill a 3rd line role at age 19 which is a great spot for a 19 y.o. power forward.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
they better hurry up and decide soon cause Crouse is extremely close to his 10th game

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I think it'll end up being White. Even though he has taken an occasional dumb penalty he has been a player who drops gloves and plays with a mean, mean edge.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
It'll be White. The effect Crouse will have as a fourth liner vs White doesn't justify giving Florida a 2nd instead of a 3rd. And also Crouse needs to go back to junior and develop some offensive skills.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
its crazy how many hockey fans feel Crouse is 100% NHL ready and should be here and also there are many fans are 100% in favor of back to junior.

There was an article today that I read that made it sound like all the kids were sticking for the year

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
its crazy how many hockey fans feel Crouse is 100% NHL ready and should be here and also there are many fans are 100% in favor of back to junior.

There was an article today that I read that made it sound like all the kids were sticking for the year

Very possible that Dauphin finds himself in the AHL with Crouse staying.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Crouse looks good. It's easy to see why people want him to stay or think he's ready. I just want him getting prime minutes and confidence in junior. I don't want to pigeon hole him like Tom Wilson just because parts of his game are NHL-ready. I don't want to take the risk of stunting him just because he's marginally better than Dauphin or White. Let's look past the next shift on this one.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Fellas, neither are going to sit much. Crouse gets better with every game. White brings stability on and off the ice.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tom Wilson improved every game too, but he's now basically a bottom-six guy. I'd prefer not to have the "know your role" coach turn him into Tom Wilson. I'd like him to develop into a second line guy, and I think that's more likely to happen with another season of jr hockey than it is with fourth line usage at the NHL level right now.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Dvorak had a nice game filling in for injuries but he should go back down when everyone returns to continue getting good ice time. He'll be back. Dauphin should be the regular scratch.

IMO

Feb 12, 2003
White and it's not a tough choice.

Crouse is playing limited minutes on the bottom half of the roster. He's showing that he has definite NHL potential, but why burn a contract year now when the team isn't in win-now mode? It makes no sense to keep him up at the rate he is contributing.

On the contrary, if he was a top 6 winger on this team and a real contributor at the NHL level then you could argue it is worth keeping him up. That would be the Chych argument of how he looks like he belongs and will develop playing quality minutes at the NHL better than minor league/juniors.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
White hasn't ever been on the chopping board. Not a real question.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
White hasn't ever been on the chopping board. Not a real question.

Yep, he pretty clearly hasn't been Downied and can handle a regular shift. You can see him on the ice working with the younger players too so I think he has some leadership qualities. Handles the puck like a live hand grenade though.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Yep, he pretty clearly hasn't been Downied and can handle a regular shift. You can see him on the ice working with the younger players too so I think he has some leadership qualities. Handles the puck like a live hand grenade though.

He does have poor hands, however I love what I see from White. His celebrations, his work ethic, and like you mentioned you see him talking to the kids and helping them out. He has taken a dumb penalty here and there, but it happens with his style of play.

My biggest thing is he is a right handed shot. We need that.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Love Crouse, but I agree the better long term plan is send him back to juniors.

Not sure what White really has to do with that decision.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agreed. If we could scratch the staff I'd maybe have some different opinions. As of now, get the youngsters away and hope for a housecleaning. From ownership down.

:laugh:Your the one that always wants to send the kids back to junior for more development but now your saying if we had different staff you might have different opinions. As always, blame the staff, for everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad