Confirmed with Link: Cross Hanas signs 3 Year ELC

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Hanas saved his contract.
But he's a second round pick. Getting a contract is the bare minimum he should do.

A second round pick offensive forward in the WHL should be among the league leaders in the WHL in his D+2 season.

Hanas is 10th. That's adequate. But he's hardly blowing off the the doors in the dub.
I'm all for waiting for the eggs to hatch before counting our chickens, but the numbers are par for my expectations. We knew before the draft that he can score. The question was whether he could play responsibly enough on and off the puck to make the roster because if he can't outscore his problems at the next level, he's not even going to be a bottom six player. He seems to get that. His focus this year has been on rounding out his game, playing more responsible hockey, and the results are there. He's getting time on the PK. He's picking his dipsy-doodles spots more wisely. He still needs to improve his skating to be anything more than a bottom six guy, and he's still a bit twig-limbed, but I like his development curve so far.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Hanas saved his contract.
But he's a second round pick. Getting a contract is the bare minimum he should do.

A second round pick offensive forward in the WHL should be among the league leaders in the WHL in his D+2 season.

Hanas is 10th. That's adequate. But he's hardly blowing off the the doors in the dub.
Had a slow start to the season and definitely had to adjust, but his past 35 or so games he’s absolutely been blowing the doors off. Idk what you’re watching.

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad