"Cross-Check" on CSN with Felger & Milbury

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
So, who else watched this and what did you think?

I thought it was great. Milbury's got his blind spots, but next to Felger he's a hockey savant. He calls Felger's BS quickly & efficiently, and there's lots of it. The good thing about Felger (I know some will disagree w/ me on this) is he doesn't take himself seriously, and he takes Milbury's scolding good-naturedly. The best segment had them interviewing Thornton (this will be a weekly segment if I heard right). They asked him the type of questions I think we would all ask him about the Scott fight and the surrounding brouhaha. Milbury & Thornton quickly quelled Felger's suggestion that Chara should have dropped the gloves later in that game.

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed this (except for the "Fan or Fraud" segment at the end, ugh).

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I forgot. Damn

I need to check if they are going to replay it.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
it was decent. maybe Felger could learn a thing or two from Milbury.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I didn't catch it, but I'd love to see the interaction. Felger is funny, not brilliant, Milbury is smart, although kind of a tool. That should make for great entertainment.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Show was great, best part is when Thornton's on. He put a lot of nonsense to bed today.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I enjoyed it. Felger and Mad Mike are good mix. Thornton looked good, once again stuck up for his team and said Scott was his job and he got pwnd.

We will see if the Bruins remain neutered in game 2. Letting Hamilton take the elbow to chops with no response is unforgivable around these parts.

As far as Chara not going with Scott. If he keeps falling on his ass like he has the three or four games he is going to have bring toughness back int his repertoire as playing Thomas Kaberle's game doesn't suit him or this team.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
So, who else watched this and what did you think?

I thought it was great. Milbury's got his blind spots, but next to Felger he's a hockey savant. He calls Felger's BS quickly & efficiently, and there's lots of it. The good thing about Felger (I know some will disagree w/ me on this) is he doesn't take himself seriously, and he takes Milbury's scolding good-naturedly. The best segment had them interviewing Thornton (this will be a weekly segment if I heard right). They asked him the type of questions I think we would all ask him about the Scott fight and the surrounding brouhaha. Milbury & Thornton quickly quelled Felger's suggestion that Chara should have dropped the gloves later in that game.

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed this (except for the "Fan or Fraud" segment at the end, ugh).

Next to Felger, the average 12-year-old hockey fan is a savant.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I enjoyed it. Felger and Mad Mike are good mix. Thornton looked good, once again stuck up for his team and said Scott was his job and he got pwnd.

We will see if the Bruins remain neutered in game 2. Letting Hamilton take the elbow to chops with no response is unforgivable around these parts.

As far as Chara not going with Scott. If he keeps falling on his ass like he has the three or four games he is going to have bring toughness back int his repertoire as playing Thomas Kaberle's game doesn't suit him or this team.

Fans and media can rant all they want about what's unforgivable. The guys on the ice and in that locker room answer to each other, not to people like Felger.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Fans and media can rant all they want about what's unforgivable. The guys on the ice and in that locker room answer to each other, not to people like Felger.

While I agree, this Bruins team doesn't seem like the one that lets a 19 year old with franchise written all over him take a cheap shot to the head that was delivered in plain sight.

Bottom line, Scott calmed them down, that and 3 games in four nights. This team will lose some cred weather we like it or not if they let Sabres pull the same stuff on Sunday.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Missed it. Can you expound on that a little, dafoomie?

Will they replay it?
They asked Thornton if they were sick of Thomas, said he was good with the guys and regarding distractions, if he stops the puck who cares. Big reason why they won. Tuukka keeps in touch with him.

Milbury asked if he felt like he had to fight Scott. He did, would rather take care of it himself than wait for something to happen later in the game and for someone else to have to take care of it. Prefers if it just happens and then he's (Scott) gone.

Was a little nervous about Scott, never watches fights on the internet but did watch Scott. Says he's fine. Cleared for contact. Went home and had a glass of wine after the game.

Felger in a roundabout way asks if Chara should've fought Scott after, Thornton immediately shot that down. "Should never ever ever have to do that".

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
They asked Thornton if they were sick of Thomas, said he was good with the guys and regarding distractions, if he stops the puck who cares. Big reason why they won. Tuukka keeps in touch with him.

Milbury asked if he felt like he had to fight Scott. He did, would rather take care of it himself than wait for something to happen later in the game and for someone else to have to take care of it. Prefers if it just happens and then he's (Scott) gone.

Was a little nervous about Scott, never watches fights on the internet but did watch Scott. Says he's fine. Cleared for contact. Went home and had a glass of wine after the game.

Felger in a roundabout way asks if Chara should've fought Scott after, Thornton immediately shot that down. "Should never ever ever have to do that".

Thanks, man. Sorry I missed it. Knew Thornton would never accept Chara doing his job no matter the tale of the tape. Love his take on TT, too. For all the BS you read on here; you know if TT had asked Ference to make someone eat their keyboard, it would be bon appetit time. Another big reason this bunch won a Cup.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
thornton is such a good guy.
hopefully he gets back and has a killer rest of the season.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Thanks, man. Sorry I missed it. Knew Thornton would never accept Chara doing his job no matter the tale of the tape. Love his take on TT, too. For all the BS you read on here; you know if TT had asked Ference to make someone eat their keyboard, it would be bon appetit time. Another big reason this bunch won a Cup.

Word.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
For all the crap Felger takes, he atleast has a passion for the sport and is invloved in these shows. Who else in this town is doing anything?
You can't go from ignoring hockey talk to having the greatest most informed shows. You need to crawl before you can walk.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
For all the crap Felger takes, he atleast has a passion for the sport and is invloved in these shows. Who else in this town is doing anything?
You can't go from ignoring hockey talk to having the greatest most informed shows. You need to crawl before you can walk.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
They have a number of clips up on the CSN website. Surprisingly good show. Seems Milbury and Felger bring out the best from one another.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Well, why doesn't someone step up and do a better job? If this city wants it so bad, where is it? Felgers done several of these shows and will talk the game.

I remember the days of zero hockey talk. The only way to get great hockey talk is to have some in the first place.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I miss not being able to listen to Felger, I don't think the guy knows much about the game, but he does love it and at least talks about it. I wish I could get 98.5 again!!

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
I miss not being able to listen to Felger, I don't think the guy knows much about the game, but he does love it and at least talks about it. I wish I could get 98.5 again!!

They do stream online (though you have to put up with a bunch of loathsome Progressive ads that repeat half a dozen times in a row).

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Saw the replay:
Really enjoyed the show. I also enjoyed the way Milbury spoke to
Sean Thornton about the fight and the fact that Scott is a huge dude with very little to no skill for the game and that maybe it was best to leave him be, Sean respectfully disagreed... Someone brought up the hit on Hamilton and IIRC Sean used that as an example of his job description (protecting young players)... Not your average hockey show by any means. It had more of a feel of Bill Ladd's internet show (without the swearing and cursing lol). Lots of fun, I look forward to a full season of shows.:handclap:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Well, why doesn't someone step up and do a better job? If this city wants it so bad, where is it? Felgers done several of these shows and will talk the game.

I remember the days of zero hockey talk. The only way to get great hockey talk is to have some in the first place.

I'm not arguing with you. I give credit to Felger for doing this; I just wish he'd educate himself a bit more and rely a bit less on ****-stirring. But he probably can't help himself. - as the scorpion told the frog, it's his nature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad