Crosby's struggles part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Funny enough that a Caps fan wants to continue this discussion.

He outplayed a lot of the "non-struggling" stars from both teams in last night's game. Art Ross may be out of reach if he doesn't start scoring soon, but he'll be fine once his PDO (aka, puck luck) rebounds.

armyjoe

Nov 15, 2010

He outplayed a lot of the "non-struggling" stars from both teams in last night's game. Art Ross may be out of reach if he doesn't start scoring soon, but he'll be fine once his PDO (aka, puck luck) rebounds.

So you don`t think it is a worth of discussion if the best player AINEC has been held scoreless 8 times out of 9 games?

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

No kidding his PDC and shooting % are way down right now but he is generating offesne and great in the dot too.

if he has 6 points after 20 games then people can start freaking out.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
His on ice shooting percentage is at an abysmal 2.78 compared to his usual average around 10.

When that naturally starts to come up, his points will return.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Yes I'm a Caps fan, so what?

He only outplayed Ovechkin and Backstrom. Didn't outplay Malkin, Kessel or Kuznetsov. Puck luck is one thing, but he just doesn't look the same at all. He plays a perimeter game and forces passes all the time instead of driving to the net like he used to.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
So you don`t think it is a worth of discussion if the best player AINEC has been held scoreless 8 times out of 9 games?

Sure everything is worth discussion but sone really crazy ideas always come up which is frustrating to say the least.

Crosby hasn't just lost it and a Boston center isn't going to have a 70-70-140 line this year either.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Maybe the thread title would be better if it were something like, "all Crosby talk pt. II".

But the fact that you pointed out that Caps fan made this thread (as it even matters) is more funny than anything you said.

That said, Crosby is far from done. He's the kind of player that can have 12 points in the next 5 games and be back at PPG.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Id still bet money on Crosby hitting 100+ points this year. Though maybe not a lot of money :sarcasm:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Maybe the thread title would be better if it were something like, "all Crosby talk pt. II".

But the fact that you pointed out that Caps fan made this thread (as it even matters) is more funny than anything you said.

That said, Crosby is far from done. He's the kind of player that can have 12 points in the next 5 games and be back at PPG.

I think we all know the people who favor player A over player B in these endless debate threads, and vice-versa. I find it amusing that an avid fan of player B wants to continue a thread about player A that ran its course awhile back. If you find that amusing, then we all get a good chuckle.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I think he has bad habits from having to do it all himself over the years.

I also think he needs to try to beat the man in front of him, not outskill them. As he has been doing lately.

His shooting percentage is so low though, and the power play has been very poor. And Dupuis/Kunitz are anchors.

One of these things I can see getting better very soon (%), the other two... depends on coaches

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think we all know the people who favor player A over player B in these endless debate threads, and vice-versa. I find it amusing that an avid fan of player B wants to continue a thread about player A that ran its course awhile back. If you find that amusing, then we all get a good chuckle.

He opened the thread like an hour after the other one maxed out?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

how did the thread run its course when crosby's struggles are still ongoing?

unless he starts playing/producing like the best player in the world again or a consensus emerges that best in the world crosby is not a thing anymore, then people are going to continue following this line of discussion.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
post from the other thread said that the Pens are running a defense first system that is killing Sid. I haven't gotten to watch them much before last night, but it sounds like they've been taking on a lot of shots and Fleury's been bailing them out, moreso than playing tough defense. Can anyone else comment on that aspect?
that being said, I can't see Crosby struggling to this degree all season. It is pretty out of character.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland

You have been one of the biggest Crosby homer/Ovie bashers for years. Nice to see you so ******** about this applicable thread continuing. I haven't seen much Crosby hating just mainly speculation about what's up with his game...

Mackinnonen

Sep 6, 2015

I bet you're a Crosby fan.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He has to start shooting more instead of passing to washed up 36 yr olds. My god, stop passing to kunitz and duper.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
As a certified Crosby lover, I've gotta admit that following a year where he didn't win the Art Ross and starting this slow is a little bit concerning.

I still believe that he is the best (non-goalie) player in the world. But he has to rebound and fast, if my opinion is going to stay that way.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Playing Buffalo tonight, struggles soon to end. He gets like 3 points every time we play Pittsburgh.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
As a certified Crosby lover, I've gotta admit that following a year where he didn't win the Art Ross and starting this slow is a little bit concerning.

I still believe that he is the best (non-goalie) player in the world. But he has to rebound and fast, if my opinion is going to stay that way.

Well last year he did have the best ppg. But something looks off since johnston took over. Take out sids hot start from last year, he had 60 points in 67 games. Thats when Johnstons system took full affect. Its the coach.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
After 9 games Sid is at 274th in the league in points, sandwiched between Coburn and Nash. That is awful, what an enormous guff it was drafting Crosby ****

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011

Such ignorance. He has no control over how few competent puck moving defensemen they have, which leads to how restrictively defensive the coach's system is, etc. One of the few things he has control over is not passing to the other team more than his own and he sucks at that too. Unless one or more of these factors change there's zero logic in believing this trend won't continue, he's bad and will remain so.

how did the thread run its course when crosby's struggles are still ongoing...then people are going to continue following this line of discussion.

Agreed these are the best threads, always great for quotes in the future. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
He is in a bad place right now there is no denying it. Ironically his best game this season was when he was playing at his most simple; straight ahead hockey firing shots on net.

Last night he made some terrible decisions with the puck, which is the most damning thing about his game presently. The most egregious was an attempted cross rink pass in the offensive zone after bailing away from the net on the three on two. Instead of simply taking it to the net Crosby stopped and fired a horrible pass to a streaking blueliner; which was picked off. That led to a 3 on 1 which the caps thankfully did not capitalize on. The Pens were winning 2-1 at this point in the game.

Bad decisions and lack of playing a simple game are the norm, not the outlier for Crosby the past 60 games. That is extremely worrisome.

He needs a coach that is willing to actually coach him at the very least.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
He looked like peak Crosby in the Florida game. Jagr got him fired up early on and he was a beast the rest of the game. Other than that he's been lifeless. Part of it is definitely finding that fire again.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Id still bet money on Crosby hitting 100+ points this year. Though maybe not a lot of money :sarcasm:

He has 63 points in his last 73 regular season games played for a 0.86 ppg.

He'd need 97 points in his last 73 remaining games in order to hit 100 points. That's a 1.32 ppg pace, assuming he doesn't miss any games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad