Confirmed with Link: Crosby wins ESPY as Best NHL Player

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
ESPN is a very good business. They show what makes them the most money. And I'm not just talking broadcasting contracts. I'm talking about immediate viewership. They are going to show whatever gets them the most viewers. Most ESPN viewers would rather look at an empty football field and hear about the most recent football sensation than watch hockey clips. If that wasn't true, they would show more hockey clips. They are in the business of making money, and hockey doesn't make them money.

I know, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
thank you for stepping in and calming down all of the excitement that was running wild in this thread

:laugh: Yeah we really needed it.

I wasn't attempting to calm anything down, wise guys. ;)

My comment was what's commonly referred to as a mod voicing a personal opinion... a general sentiment that ESPN is worthless when it comes to hockey, to the point where them giving out awards to hockey players / for hockey categories is pretty much pointless. An award for the sake of naming a winner, not because they give the sport any love when it matters / have anything resembling real expertise for the sport.

If I were Sid I would store my ESPY's in a sock drawer.

DMR

Apr 29, 2010
Well that's because the vast majority of or ESPN viewers are slack jawed, knuckle dragging trogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad