127 from Lemieux
159 from Yzerman
175 from Dionne
202 from Francis
254 from Howe
291 from Messier
325 from Jagr
1261 from Greztly (not happening - lol)

I really hope he hits 1800 before he retires, and bumps Francis out ofthe top-5.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Crosby sits 45 points away from tying Sakic
127 from Lemieux
159 from Yzerman
175 from Dionne
202 from Francis
254 from Howe
291 from Messier
325 from Jagr
1261 from Greztly (not happening - lol)

I really hope he hits 1800 before he retires, and bumps Francis out ofthe top-5.
He has one year left and might extend for another three. That's 328 games. If he stays PPG, he'd just barely pass Jagr. If he maintains careers PPG, you're looking at 2007pts.

Hitting 2k pts would be the cherry on top of an all time great career.

Ovie getting the record and Sid hitting 2k and then both retiring would be nice.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
When Jagr left the NHL at age 36 he had the following stats:

1273 games, 1599 points

Crosby, now at age 36 has:

1272 games, 1596 points

Pretty close at the same age. Jagr left for 3 years.

Crosby might get to 2000 points eventually, if he wants to.
Imagine if Crosby didn't missed games with concussions during his prime, what would his numbers be right now? What an amazing player. He is still producing at an elite rate, I would be shocked if he doesn't end up top 5 in points when he retires.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Honestly why wouldn't he play until he was 40 or 41 if he was healthy? He's still an elite player, seems like hockey is his life , no kids etc. Obviously he has other things in his life, but I also could easily see him going until 40 at least

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Here's to praying Crosby joins Steve Dangle's 3 on 3 league for a few years then comes back and plays until he hits 2k. The stage has been set, now it's time to show and prove

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Honestly why wouldn't he play until he was 40 or 41 if he was healthy? He's still an elite player, seems like hockey is his life , no kids etc. Obviously he has other things in his life, but I also could easily see him going until 40 at least
If he's healthy, he'll play. Simple as that. And I feel he will keep going until he can't. Whenever that might be.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
He has one year left and might extend for another three. That's 328 games. If he stays PPG, he'd just barely pass Jagr. If he maintains careers PPG, you're looking at 2007pts.

Ovie getting the record and Sid hitting 2k and then both retiring would be nice.
2K points all while missing all that time in his prime.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Somehow Crosby might be underrated now.
final.png

wejkenbejk

Jan 15, 2019

I never post here but this would be a serious win-win, while also continuing the conversation among the two /forever

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022

A fitting way for 2 legends to end their career with two untouchable milestones seemingly to only be out done by two of the greatest this era McDavid (2000 point threshold ) and matthews(goal record) the only other conceivable options are Bedard and McKenna (youth and relative hype on their side) other than that no one else is even in the same territory AM34 might not go down top 5 of his era unlike ovi who was neck and neck with sid outperforming him on all fronts and multiple occasions. It seems while there is no Crosby or ovi this era it seems McDavid has his own throne being the unanimous best being a tier higher while ovi and Crosby sit at a tier below McDavid but above the rest

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Regular Season:
Jagr >Crosby
Playoffs:
Crosby > Jagr

That should not really be a debate at all.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
When Jagr left the NHL at age 36 he had the following stats:

1273 games, 1599 points

Crosby, now at age 36 has:

1272 games, 1596 points

Pretty close at the same age. Jagr left for 3 years.

Crosby might get to 2000 points eventually, if he wants to.

The thing about Crosby is - he's probably in better shape/conditionning than Jagr was - and has held up his level of play even better than Jagr did at similar age. Which is insane, considering how well Jagr aged/how late he played.

So if Crosby wanted to - there's a good chance he'd be able to play in the NHL longer than Jagr even did (age 45) and still be a decent player.

I'm sure Crosby probably won't want to play anywhere that long though - but good chance he still has a lot in the tank.

We're all talking about Ovechkin chasing 894 goals which is cool - I think Crosby could chase 2000 points and accomplish it.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
The thing about Crosby is - he's probably in better shape/conditionning than Jagr was - and has held up his level of play even better than Jagr did at similar age. Which is insane, considering how well Jagr aged/how late he played.

So if Crosby wanted to - there's a good chance he'd be able to play in the NHL longer than Jagr even did (age 45) and still be a decent player.

I'm sure Crosby probably won't want to play anywhere that long though - but good chance he still has a lot in the tank.

We're all talking about Ovechkin chasing 894 goals which is cool - I think Crosby could chase 2000 points and accomplish it.

It's been discussed to death, but I still often think about how wild it is that Crosby has scored as much as he has while missing close to 2 seasons worth of games during his peak years. I have a hard time believing he will hit 2000, though. Even though Sid seems to be in great shape, it's very rare for a player to be productive deep into his late 30s, let alone his 40s. Jagr is an absolute freak outlier in terms of longevity as a productive player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad