Crosby Trade??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey observer

Mar 12, 2004
Watching Crosby play in Halifax the other night,there appeared to be a lot of speculation as to whether Young Sid will finish the season in Rimouski ,or not. When you look at it, there is no reason for Rimouski to keep him. He only has at best, a first or second round series as they will probably not go deep into the playoffs. Rimouski could probably move him to a team in the East, get a lot of young potential and load up for the next 3 years. Just curious as to what peoples' opinions are on this topic! Yea, Rimouski G.M would take some heat but it wouldn't be the first time we ever saw a team move their franchise player. Ummmmmm!!

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Interesting thought... that's why Gretz was passed by the teams with the 1st and 2nd overall selections in the OHA draft back in the day. He wasn't going to be in that league very long, and the GMs knew it- so they went with long-term security instead of short-term bang.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't Rimouski supposed to be a powerhouse this season? What happened there?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jacobv2 said:
Wasn't Rimouski supposed to be a powerhouse this season? What happened there?

they have the offense with Crosby, Pouliot, Charrett, Tobin, Stewart, Roussin,etc. But their defense besides Sersen is horrible and the goaltending isn't all that great either but has been improved a bit. But the defense is just one of the worst I have seen.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Then instead of dumping off Crosby for long-term assets, wouldn't it be best for them to bolster their blueline and make a run knowing Crosby, Sersen, Roussin and others won't be around next year?

hockey observer

Mar 12, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
Then instead of dumping off Crosby for long-term assets, wouldn't it be best for them to bolster their blueline and make a run knowing Crosby, Sersen, Roussin and others won't be around next year?
I was thinking about that option that maybe Rimouski could load up with support and make a run for it. They to me just do not look like a well balanced team and other then Crosby , have got a lot of holes on this team. at best they are only going to be a 500 team. Mayas well see what you canm get for him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I see. We'll see what happens. What teams would have interest in him, that have the assets to give up?

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Well, being from rimouski, I dindt hear therumor of a crosby trade... but i learn that on talkbackon rds.ca that they should trade Crosby...

Well, Crosby won't be traded, they are some rumors here in rimouski about a trade with Lewiston that include jonathan Paiment and Jaroslav Halak and Loic Lacasse from Baie-Comeau could be coming to Rimouski too.

People started to talk about Crosby being traded, but nobody talk about it except fans outside Rimouski

hockey observer

Mar 12, 2004
you are probably correct abouthim staying in Rimouski.....Halifax would be the natural fit as they have lots to give up and will not effect their club right now....Halifax are definitely making 2-3 deals for sure.....Moncton and C.B could but probably will stand pat.... Just don't know if Rimouski will load up for one single run where they are right now, not even close....

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
hockey observer said:
you are probably correct abouthim staying in Rimouski.....Halifax would be the natural fit as they have lots to give up and will not effect their club right now....Halifax are definitely making 2-3 deals for sure.....Moncton and C.B could but probably will stand pat.... Just don't know if Rimouski will load up for one single run where they are right now, not even close....

Well even if they finish 6 or 7 in the league, they can be on fire in playoff... don't forget we have extra scoring... if we can get a d-man watch out!

Just like acadie Bathurst when they finish closeto not make the playoff and get to the final of the Q a few years ago

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
That Rimouski Lewiston deal most likely will include Picard. With all the talent Lewiston is giving up and the names I have been hearing it seems like Lewiston is getting the short end of the deal.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
SPORTSMANIAC said:
That Rimouski Lewiston deal most likely will include Picard. With all the talent Lewiston is giving up and the names I have been hearing it seems like Lewiston is getting the short end of the deal.

Well itinclude Charette who will be one of the best in the league for the 3 next years... and the 3 guys Lewiston give in the deal wont play next year in the Q. so i dont know... Paiement is an offensive d-man... so i dontknow if he is good defensively...

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
CrosbyIsGod said:
Well, being from rimouski, I dindt hear therumor of a crosby trade... but i learn that on talkbackon rds.ca that they should trade Crosby...

Well, Crosby won't be traded, they are some rumors here in rimouski about a trade with Lewiston that include jonathan Paiment and Jaroslav Halak and Loic Lacasse from Baie-Comeau could be coming to Rimouski too.

People started to talk about Crosby being traded, but nobody talk about it except fans outside Rimouski

I've read on "le journal de québec" that Labonté don't want to trade Charette and F.Bolduc ... And what Rimouski have to give after those two ? To me it would be really hard for the nics to trade for good playoff asset. And right now no way they beat Moncton, Quebec, Chicoutimi or Halifax in a best of seven series.

JM Filiatreaut is only an average goalthender in this league, their defense is awful, and without Crosby, Pouliot and Roussin who's performing in that awsome offense ?
Plus if Rimouski didn't move they still have to win this year ... who would be on the team next year ? :dunno:
So theres 3 options to me:
1: trade for the best goalie in the league or 2-3 dmen... and the nics aren't a good trade partner.

2: trade many of their 19 years old, or Crosby to built for next year.

3: didn't move, loose this year(second round at best), and have one of the worse team in the league next year...

Am I ok to think that ?

I also read that JM Bolduc stay home during this atlantic travel and the cause involve was "for reflexion" could you tell me more about that ?

And finally... is there a small chance that Jasmin Riel could make a return for the playoff run ?

thanks in advance !!

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
reffree said:
I've read on "le journal de québec" that Labonté don't want to trade Charette and F.Bolduc ... And what Rimouski have to give after those two ? To me it would be really hard for the nics to trade for good playoff asset. And right now no way they beat Moncton, Quebec, Chicoutimi or Halifax in a best of seven series.

JM Filiatreaut is only an average goalthender in this league, their defense is awful, and without Crosby, Pouliot and Roussin who's performing in that awsome offense ?
Plus if Rimouski didn't move they still have to win this year ... who would be on the team next year ? :dunno:
So theres 3 options to me:
1: trade for the best goalie in the league or 2-3 dmen... and the nics aren't a good trade partner.

2: trade many of their 19 years old, or Crosby to built for next year.

3: didn't move, loose this year(second round at best), and have one of the worse team in the league next year...

Am I ok to think that ?

I also read that JM Bolduc stay home during this atlantic travel and the cause involve was "for reflexion" could you tell me more about that ?

And finally... is there a small chance that Jasmin Riel could make a return for the playoff run ?

thanks in advance !!

bolduc is back with the tea mtonight... and Jasmin-riel, well i havent heard anything about him since this summer... but it could be nice

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
I also heard today that he might go to Moncton for unnamed player. Would it be Adam Pineault? If Rimouski goes for this would they ask for Adam because if they did it would be a waste for future because Pineault played NCAA so he has to atleast 19. I would rather see Rimouski keep Crosby because you don't know what the NHL sitution will be and you might get Crosby back for next year. I would see Moncton giving up one or two young prospects and 1st rd draft pick and maybe 2nd round pick. If Moncton gets Crosby it will be no doubt that they will be toe to toe with the London Knights of the OHL in the Mermorial Cup.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
I also heard today that he might go to Moncton for unnamed player. Would it be Adam Pineault? If Rimouski goes for this would they ask for Adam because if they did it would be a waste for future because Pineault played NCAA so he has to atleast 19. I would rather see Rimouski keep Crosby because you don't know what the NHL sitution will be and you might get Crosby back for next year. I would see Moncton giving up one or two young prospects and 1st rd draft pick and maybe 2nd round pick. If Moncton gets Crosby it will be no doubt that they will be toe to toe with the London Knights of the OHL in the Mermorial Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad