Value of: Crosby to the Sabres?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
If Crosby leaves the Pens, it's either the Avs or Habs. Only reason why I say the Habs is he cheered for the Habs as a kid. More likely, it will be the Avs, in my opinion.

On the PP yes. At 5/5, best to have Crosby play 2C behind Mackinnon at his age.
Check the advanced stats, Sid is still ridiculously good at 5v5.

Reactions: domaug

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Hypothetically speaking if the pens wanted to start a full teardown rebuild Sabres are a team that could benefit from Crosby and have enough pieces where it doesn't gut the core. What does it take?
More than it makes sense for Buffalo to give, and then add more to that.

Crosby is a lifer for the Penguins unless he says so. He's indicated that he is going to re-sign with them. He IS the Pittsburgh Penguins until he decides he's not.

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
This is funny for many reasons.
The mere notion of trading Sidney f***ing Crosby is funnier.

The discussion in itself is not something that can be entertained with a realistic response. He is NOT going anywhere unless he wants out. It doesn't matter what this version of Crosby is worth on the market. His value to Pittsburgh, ESPECIALLY when he wants to retire with the Penguins, is astronomical and beyond the scope of a hockey trade.

Thus, any trade discussion for Crosby shouldn't be taken seriously unless he HIMSELF wants out of Pittsburgh and it's confirmed by real people.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He comes to the Canes for 2 years to complete the handful of rings and reunite with his buddy Jake

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
If the front office of the pens tell Crosby they are in for a full rebuild he might waive to whoever offers the best package, and he would be our 1c and turn the Sabres into a playoff team and will be heralded for helping the Sabres turn around. He could take a look at our lineup and see the potential with our d core, and also has more wingers to play with than in Pittsburgh with skinner, tuch, quinn, peterka, and Benson top 9 would be:
Skinner-crosby-quinn
Benson-thompson-tuch
Greenway-cozens-jjp
That's a playoff contender right there
A base for a package at draft day would be: 24 1st, 25 1st(unprotected),rosen, and kulich incredible return for a year of Crosby
The fact that you had to add so many IF statements to this scenario should tell you that it's nowhere near realistic.

You might as well just play a video game. At that point, you aren't influenced by real personalities, just a simulation with very little context to value outside of in-game performance, physical build, and attribute build.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
The fact that you had to add so many IF statements to this scenario should tell you that it's nowhere near realistic.

You might as well just play a video game. At that point, you aren't influenced by real personalities, just a simulation with very little context to value outside of in-game performance, physical build, and attribute build.
I feel if Crosby were made available all teams are in on him at least asking the cost and buffalo is a team that has assets to beat any other offer

Also if Gretzky can get traded so can anyone no one is better than 99

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I don't see a guy like Sid coming to Buffalo. I think he'll retire a Penguin like Mario. If he's traded anywhere, he'll probably want to go to a contender to win one more cup. I could only picture him going to a team like Colorado or the Rangers. Like I said though, I think he's a Penguin for his entire career.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Maling_ missing playoffs would not be determined by Crosby. Pittsburgh isnt a cUK p fsn, they aren't making the playoffs this year
Jesus Christ, it’s not just your Crosby takes that are incoherent.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Do the Sabres have the young talent to give to Pittsburgh in a trade for Crosby? Unquestionably, yes.

But unless Sid has some deep-seeded (seated?), borderline psychotic love for Buffalo........there's absolutely no chance he wants to actually go to Buffalo.

If he decides to go late-career team hunting......it'll be to a team that is already a Cup contender and he just pushes that team over the top (Colorado).

He isn't going to Buffalo.

I'm not even sure why this is 3 pages long.

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I feel if Crosby were made available all teams are in on him at least asking the cost and buffalo is a team that has assets to beat any other offer

Also if Gretzky can get traded so can anyone no one is better than 99
Gretzky's situation was very unique even for its time. He was sold more so than traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad