Crosby scores mid-air backhander

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Its just instinct, isnt it? The dude just cant help but do it!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Just ridiculous reflexes. How can anyone not enjoy on some level watching him play?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Just ridiculous reflexes. How can anyone not enjoy on some level watching him play?

You know Sid complained to the referee after Derian Hatcher removed a few of his teeth in his rookie season. After the game Hitchcock and Peter Forsberg labeled him a diver and whiner for it...and still people hate it for today, that he was a tad immature as an 18-year old rookie....sad really.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
-I dunno, Malkin beat 4 defenders then the goaltender from 160 feet away. I like the Malkin goal better, it was Lemieux like.

It was wicked, and did you see that other one where he hit the post? If he had've scored that it might've been the best goal I've seen all year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
mcdavid is simulating the playoffs right now on his xbox

Its a shame we have to shit on McDavid because hes a great player and fun to watch. But after so many Oilers fans downplaying Crosby's career talking about him only winning 2 ARTs , completely ignoring the all of the years he was injured( " he wouldnt have kept up that pace anyways") , this is the type of reaction we are going to see now.

And anyone thinking(hoping) he was done because he "only" got 89 points, keep watching the playoffs.

People should just enjoy watching both players. Who are at different times in their careers. Sid already missed out on some regular season hardware because of injuries, and also didnt get back to the cup again for awhile because of Bylsma. Now that the Pens have a legit coach/system, and hes this far into his career, its all about the playoffs. Im sure McDavid will get there eventually as well. Hopefully he doesnt have multiple injuries to derail his ART streak along the way.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Its a shame we have to **** on McDavid because hes a great player and fun to watch. But after so many Oilers fans downplaying Crosby's career talking about him only winning 2 ARTs , completely ignoring the all of the years he was injured( " he wouldnt have kept up that pace anyways") , this is the type of reaction we are going to see now.

And anyone thinking(hoping) he was done because he "only" got 89 points, keep watching the playoffs.

People should just enjoy watching both players. Who are at different times in their careers. Sid already missed out on some regular season hardware because of injuries, and also didnt get back to the cup again for awhile because of Bylsma. Now that the Pens have a legit coach/system, and hes this far into his career, its all about the playoffs. Im sure McDavid will get there eventually as well. Hopefully he doesnt have multiple injuries to derail his ART streak along the way.

-Yea. I like Mcdavid. But Oilers fans ruined it. Now Edmonton gets to watch the Crosby and Malkin show again. Lucky them.

Jan 21, 2018
mcdavid is simulating the playoffs right now on his xbox

I bet the first thing he did after turning on his xbox was to trade his ass out of edmonton

cc6lcjmwmaacesf.jpg

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
Its just instinct, isnt it? The dude just cant help but do it!

Not many can be taught that. So born instincts and reflexes that are finely tuned by years of hard training.

Incredible goal. Most parts of Crosbys game won´t if taken apart one by one be among the greatest tools ever (it´s that he has few weaknesses that´s his greatness...), but his hand-eye-cordination on these kind of goals may be best I´ve ever seen. He´s just done it so many times as well. Gretzky had a few great baseball-goals as well, there finely tuned from his lacrosse-days where he was an big talent as well. He is probably the only one that challenges him on this point. Would have been nice to see what kind of goals like these Gretzky could have scored with todays sticks.

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I thought his other two "bat" goals were kinda underwhelming. Great goals to be sure, but not Goal of the Year candidates for me.

This one is on a whole other level. Outstanding awareness and skill.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's just ridiculous. what's that? like the 3rd time in the last few weeks he's pulled something like this off?

this one's the most impressive in my opinion. not sure how that's even possible

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
I'm waiting for a one-timer from the blueline batted out of the air. Until he does that...he just isn't quite living up to the hype.

Aug 3, 2010
I just can't really process how easy he makes it look. I can barely believe he's in the last third of his career… and maybe it's his style of play or some other media magic, but he's always going to feel like an "underrated" best player of his era, compared to other greats.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This is gross. It’s just a game Sid good lord don’t do them like that.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I think that was his most impressive of this type. Full "upward" swing I guess, haha.

What I respect most about Crosby is he changed his game after his injuries, yet didn't get worse. He just got better at other things, and found ways to remain one of the best in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad