Crosby/OV/Malkin vs. Bure/Sakic/Forsberg

Who?

• Total voters

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Bure was a good, but I find it really hard to argue him over Ovechkin in pretty much any scenario, which makes me choose Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Which trio would you take in a playoff run at their absolute peak?

Peak Playoff runs:

Bure > OV
Sakic = Malkin >= Crosby >=Forsberg

Quite close actually.

At their overall peaks:

OV > Bure
Malkin = Crosby > Sakic = Forsberg

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Peak Playoff runs:

Bure > OV

Sakic = Malkin >= Crosby >=Forsberg

Quite close actually.

At their overall peaks:

OV > Bure
Malkin = Crosby > Sakic = Forsberg
let's not forget OV at his peak scored 40 points in 28 games for a 1.42 PPG and 20 goals for a 0.71 GPG. it's just that his team couldn't score more than 2 goals in a game 7 and overall defensively was terrible. for me peak OV >> peak bure during the playoffs

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
let's not forget OV at his peak scored 40 points in 28 games for a 1.42 PPG and 20 goals for a 0.71 GPG. it's just that his team couldn't score more than 2 goals in a game 7 and overall defensively was terrible. for me peak OV >> peak bure during the playoffs

I consider Bure's peak run 94 in the playoffs more impressive than Ovy's considering he basically carried his linemates, and lead the team in the goal scoring, while Ovechkin had a much better powerplay team, far better centers to work with, and a overall more talented team. Imagine if Bure had that level of luxury along with no line pass, and the rule changes in 2005 onwards.

Peak Bure>>Peak Ovechkin in playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDRhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad