2015-2016 NHL Second All-Star Team

G Ben Bishop, Tampa Bay Lightning
D Brent Burns, San Jose Sharks
D Kris Letang, Pittsburgh Penguins
C Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks
RW Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues
LW Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Link here.

Crosby also finishes 2nd in Hart trophy voting and 7th in Selke voting (ahead of Sean Couturier -- eat it, Philly!).

Letang finishes 4th in Norris trophy voting.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
without looking I think that's 4 First Team All-Star Selections and 2 Second Team All-Star Selections for Sid.

Not sure about the second, but I believe the article linked above confirms your first point.

Considering the competition at C, as well as the fact Crosby missed chunks of seasons during his best years, that's pretty damn good.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Letang was better than Doughty this season, and I criticize the **** out of him for his penchant for idiocy and his inconsistency.

It's crazy to me that Doughty beat Burns (my pick) and Karlsson (who had such an awesome season offensively that I wouldn't be upset if he got the nod).

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
not bad for a guy that wasn't even selected to the all-star game this season, eh?

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Great. Now that WhiteWalker guy will be telling us we have to get rid of Letang because he did made the second all star team and not the first.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Happy for Letang. He deserves the nod.

(Crosby being named was expected)

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Is there a place to see where Crosby finished in Hart voting each year?

I imagine the only time he didn't receive any votes was the year he played 22 games.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/c/crosbsi01.html

Look at the Award-section on the right side next to season stats. This season's voting results are still missing from there though.

It's crazy how good he's been his entire career, yet he's only been one of the top-3 finalists for the Hart 5 total times in his career (won twice, finished 2nd twice, 3rd once).

I still say he got robbed twice; the first was the Sedin year when Sid scored 51 goals and 109 points, and the second was the lockout year when he lost to Ovechkin because Orpik hit him in the face with a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad