Crosby has the highest shooting percentage in the league

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
Here's another reason why Crosby has such a high shooting percentage. I found this gem on HF Penguins board by user @OGBobbyFarnham

The Master of Deflection!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think Datsyuk might have something to say about that.

Dats was good but nobody has the release and power that Crosby does on the backhand. He scored a backhander top shelf with one hand... one friggin hand man.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Dats was good but nobody has the release and power that Crosby does on the backhand. He scored a backhander top shelf with one hand... one friggin hand man.

Other players are capable of that though, but I haven't seen anyone else do it in a game. Datsyuk roofed a backhander far side from outside the hashmarks from a bad angle.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Datsyuk was good, but Crosby is on a whole different level. I'm willing to bet Crosby would win a poll on this topic pretty easily.

I don't think there is a whole different level to be had here. Regardless of which dog you are backing in this fight it is very close. Datsyuk's ability to pass on his backhand with pace tape to tape and cross ice like Crosby and honestly Zetterberg is terrific at this too has always amazed me more than the shots.

His game has gone sideways but Eberle I thought always had a terrific back-hand. Curious to see how the new scenery helps him.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
I think it speaks to his intelligence and hockey IQ. This is why Sid is the best hockey player in the world. You can argue Malkin and others are more naturally gifted. But no one is smarter and more determined to be great than Sid. If there's a problem he'll work out a solution and solve it. He is still growing as a hockey player, because he's that smart and determined. Other great players don't evolve. They are what they are. Crosby goes out of his way to find solutions to the areas of his game he's the weakest. Of course he's money when he gets a scoring opportunity. No one's more obsessive about being good at hockey than Sid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad