Crosby has a concussion | Part II (Mod Warning #177 and the OP)

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Bad luck for Sid. Concussion history makes you wonder how much more hockey he'll play in his career. Believe it or not there is life after hockey and you dont want to be a guy suffering from concussion effects years after you retire.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
There's nothing left to discuss. Crosby may not play until next season, and the Pens' chances of winning without him and Tang are slim.

Also **** OV and Niskanen.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Sucks. But the Pens don't win in 09 if the Wings are healthy, so things come around. Also, doesn't help the NHL gave them no chance to recover.

Hope Sid gets well soon.

Hope the Pens lose horribly.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Sucks. But the Pens don't win in 09 if the Wings are healthy, so things come around. Also, doesn't help the NHL gave them no chance to recover.

Hope Sid gets well soon.

Now that's resentment

nahcmo

Mar 2, 2011
This makes me so sad. Can't even imagine what it's like to experience one concussion much less multiple in a span of 10 years.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
What more needs to be said?

If the Caps win this series, Penguins fans will cry and want to put an asterisk next to it, but I'll be very happy for them.

Holtby will be a big reason they win. Along with their insane power play.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

Hope Sid gets well soon.

But they did win didn't they?

Amazing how Wing fans STILL cling to this. Seems to me Datsyuk returned for the last three games and you lost two of them while Crosby missed the majority of Game 7. Oh you forgot to add how Crosby didn't shake Lidstrom's and Drapers' hand too. That one never gets old.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Now that's resentment

Yeah, I really do hope Crosby gets well and comes back this series. Nobody likes to see a great player get hurt.

But injuries happen especially in the playoffs, and if they lose because of it, it's not like they haven't been on the benefiting end before.

Hate the Pens as a team but hope no ill will to their players, fans, coaches, etc. It's just a game.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014

Amazing how Wing fans STILL cling to this. Seems to me Datsyuk returned for the last three games and you lost two of them while Crosby missed the majority of Game 7. Oh you forgot to add how Crosby didn't shake Lidstrom's and Drapers' hand too. That one never gets old.

So you don't think Pens fans will say the Caps only won because of injuries to the Pens this year? All I'm saying is it comes around. *If somebody beats the Pens.

BTW maybe you were too young to watch, but Crosby got dominated by Zetterberg, Malin went beast mode, and Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Hossa were all seriously injured.

The NHL also gave the Wings less rest while knowing they were injured and played 3 games in 4 nights to start the SCF, something which you will probably never see again.

In the end, the Pens won, congrats to them for it, I just am priming any complaining about other teams beating the Pens when they benefited so much in the past.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Caps fans are hypocrites. It's only a "hockey play" when it isn't one of theirs getting knocked out. I actually wanted the Caps to win this series. Now, I hope they get rolled over.

Imagine if a guy like, I don’t know, Nazem Kadri, hits OV with a hard check, hip on thigh, a proverbial hockey play that happens in a millisecond during a fast, rough game. Imagine the uproar among Caps fans when OV falls like he has been shot, carried off the ice by two teammates, no weight on his leg at all, his season seemingly over? Imagine those Caps fans, fabricating it as a blatant knee on knee and a deliberate attempt to injure one of the game’s superstars. God forbid, the guy that tried to end a career only received a two minute penalty and no suspension hearing.

Never mind how ridiculous they would look when, miraculously, OV returns for the second period and is approached by one of the other team’s tough guys, getting called out for being a p***y. Hypothetically, later that period, the Capitals are so outraged that a player – let’s say, for the sake of argument, Matt Niskanen – takes a deliberate, vicious two-handed swing at that opposing player.

Imagine, indeed, if all that happened, and how Caps fans would be reacting. I am sure they would be all class and understanding.

Oh, wait….

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Caps fans are hypocrites. It's only a "hockey play" when it isn't one of theirs getting knocked out. I actually wanted the Caps to win this series. Now, I hope they get rolled over.

Imagine if a guy like, I don’t know, Nazem Kadri, hits OV with a hard check, hip on thigh, a proverbial hockey play that happens in a millisecond during a fast, rough game. Imagine the uproar among Caps fans when OV falls like he has been shot, carried off the ice by two teammates, no weight on his leg at all, his season seemingly over? Imagine those Caps fans, fabricating it as a blatant knee on knee and a deliberate attempt to injure one of the game’s superstars. God forbid, the guy that tried to end a career only received a two minute penalty and no suspension hearing.

Never mind how ridiculous they would look when, miraculously, OV returns for the second period and is approached by one of the other team’s tough guys, getting called out for being a p***y. Hypothetically, later that period, the Capitals are so outraged that a player – let’s say, for the sake of argument, Matt Niskanen – takes a deliberate, vicious two-handed swing at that opposing player.

Imagine, indeed, if all that happened, and how Caps fans would be reacting. I am sure they would be all class and understanding.

Oh, wait….

Every fan of every team is a hypocrite man, get a clue. :laugh:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

It's just ironic to see Pens' fans wanting to put an asterisk on this series is all. Can't have it both ways.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

Hope Sid gets well soon.

And they win in 6 if the officials actually made the Wings play by the rulebook

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
They probably can because not all injury situations are equal.

Losing Datsyuk was just as costly as losing Crosby. It allowed Malkin to run roughshod over Filppula. These situations are very equal.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
People still talking about 09? jesus that was nearly a decade ago...GET OVER IT!! we won, you lost and it will never ever change.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
People still talking about 09? jesus that was nearly a decade ago...GET OVER IT!! we won, you lost and it will never ever change.

Moreover despite whatever injuries the Wings had those players still all played in the games and they still dominated that series and should have won but didn't because the Pens found a way to win. Not really analogous to this series where the Pens are without Letang and Murray to begin with and now Crosby.

Injuries aren't a good excuse for that Wings team since they should have won anyways and just choked it away. The Pens losing this series would be expected and not in the least surprising.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
So you don't think Pens fans will say the Caps only won because of injuries to the Pens this year? All I'm saying is it comes around. *If somebody beats the Pens.

BTW maybe you were too young to watch, but Crosby got dominated by Zetterberg, Malin went beast mode, and Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Hossa were all seriously injured.

The NHL also gave the Wings less rest while knowing they were injured and played 3 games in 4 nights to start the SCF, something which you will probably never see again.

In the end, the Pens won, congrats to them for it, I just am priming any complaining about other teams beating the Pens when they benefited so much in the past.

As someone who lives in Penguins territory I can confirm your statement.

But I'd like to point out that pretty much all fan bases are like this. For me it's confirmation bias because I live in this area and all I hear about is how "great,fair and 'special' team the Penguins are" and everyone else is just garbage that can only win against the Penguins if they are missing half their roster.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC

Oh, wait….

Here's the fun part where you go back and re-read those threads and realize that the majority of strong opinions regarding Kadri were largely made by non-Caps fans and maybe one or two well-known Caps homers on the board.

And if the reactions of fans is enough to make you not root for a team, that points to an issue you need to work out in private.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Now that's resentment

I mean that will be Pens fans in 10 years if the reason they can't defend their title is this injury. Wings fans are just speaking from experience.

It's not every year your favorite team has a legitimate shot at winning back to back cups but your best player, Hart trophy finalist, goes down with a bad injury due to dirty play. I still passionately hate the Ducks, Chris Pronger, Getzlaf, Perry, and every other goon on that team for that series.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
If the Caps win this series, Penguins fans will cry and want to put an asterisk next to it, but I'll be very happy for them.

There would be an asterix in my mind. Crosby vs Ovi/washington vs pittsburgh is one of the most iconic rivalrys of this generation. I think many neutral fans are fans of both crosby and ovechkin and would love to see ovechkins time in the spotlight. Not like this though. Even if I were a caps fan I would feel the same. Maybe its because im a pretty competitive person but I would never feel satisfied winning something off the back of a play like that. I still want to see ovi win a cup, just not this year.

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco

I like that our fans are a more powerful (anti)motivator than the actual team. We probably have the least active presence on the boards discounting the vegas knights. Pretty impressive if you ask me. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad