News Article: Crosby Doing Crosby Things

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
The media here may not be that knowledgeable about the sport, but they are really good at giving the players privacy. Most casual fans in Pgh probably don't even know Malkin just got married, let alone who his wife is.

I'm willing to bet if a reporter grabbed ten fans coming out of a Pens game and asked them if Malkin was married and his wife's name, most would probably have no clue about either.

I don't think most Habs fans care about those things either... it's just the media sometimes they seem to lack subjects to talk about. This is what happens when there's hockey and nothing else for them. Also, the Pens aren't the major sport team in Pittsburgh.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
that main board thread on this story is singularly depressing. 'why is he getting credit for being a normal person?' is like the dumbest question imaginable when you are probably the most famous person in your country and attract that attendant level of attention

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
that main board thread on this story is singularly depressing. 'why is he getting credit for being a normal person?' is like the dumbest question imaginable when you are probably the most famous person in your country and attract that attendant level of attention

If this were Nik Lidstrom we wouldn't hear the end of it. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard how amazing of a human he was...

Sid doesn't make a big deal about it and a story is only created because the kid wanted to tell it to the media and people still bitch about Sid.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The media here may not be that knowledgeable about the sport, but they are really good at giving the players privacy. Most casual fans in Pgh probably don't even know Malkin just got married, let alone who his wife is.

I'm willing to bet if a reporter grabbed ten fans coming out of a Pens game and asked them if Malkin was married and his wife's name, most would probably have no clue about either.

That part I did know because I knew Malkin had a kid recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad