Crosby Arrested in Ottawa (hoax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
According to Canoe sports, Crosby was arrested in Ottawa for a driving related incident. Was booked at the Elgin police station and got a mug shot. Details to follow.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Ottawa police saying reports of Crosby being arrested are an "outright lie."

So who knows. I can see the NHL offering the Ottawa police a nice chunk of change to keep the poster boys image clean lol

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
This may have been bad reporting. Time will tell. I'm here in Ottawa following all the local journalists on twitter, so I will post anything new if it comes along before I crash.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This may have been bad reporting. Time will tell. I'm here in Ottawa following all the local journalists on twitter, so I will post anything new if it comes along before I crash.

Considering it's a paper whose name ends with 'Sun', I wouldn't be surprised if it's nothing more than yellow journalism...but until there's confirmation otherwise this'll stay open.

https://twitter.com/1310Pinsent/status/507089290468528128
#Ottawa police say reports of Sidney Crosby arrested are an "outright lie." #ottnews @1310Kristy

Literally everything I'm coming across is either denying it or coming from a Sun paper, which may as well be the National Enquirer.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ottawa police officials are calling it a lie and say they're dumbfounded by the reports.

The Sun, ladies and gentlemen.
kane-clap.gif

KDKA-TV Morning News ‏@KDKATVAMNEWS 24s

#ottawa Police Chief @ChiefBordeleau tweets on reports of Sidney Crosby's arrest: "We have had no dealings with Mr. Crosby. @ottawasuncom

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If things take a drastic turn then someone else can open this back up, but it appears to almost certainly be a hoax and the more time passes with the more people saying so I don't see any reason to keep this open any further.

Locked unless confirmed by a non-yellow tabloid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad