Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Reactions: Soundgarden

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wish him luck.

He was very predictable in his comments but he wasn't exactly wrong most of the time. He helped teach the game of hockey to local Tennesseans in a way most could understand. Not an easy task

Reactions: AnalogKid

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Said it in the GDT but he and Weber were really fundamental in teaching me the game when I was just getting into it as a kid. Wish him the best in his retirement.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
My favorite personal memory with Crispy was the first time I met him back at a draft party in which we had a brief chat about his time with the Flyers and how much that team meant to my dad and how that snowballed into my dad introducing me to the game a decade later, which of course hearing that meant a lot to Terry himself.

Second, was his recounting on a radio show about his minor league days, and how back then in a six and then twelve team league, the minor leagues were absolutely stacked because there was such a limited number of roster spots in the NHL and he went on to talk about all of the incredible players he was up against in the minors. The fondness with which he recalled those days was touching.

Next is a wonderful book called "23 to Win" which is about roster building over the years, and Crispy was a contributor to it. I'm unsure if it's still available, but it's a great read and I got a personalized autographed copy from Crispy that is very special.

We in Smashville owe so much to Terry Crisp, along with Pete Weber, David Poile and Barry Trotz for building a fanbase and educating a community here, they planted the seeds and cultivated the garden that grew into what it is today. This is a well deserved retirement for Crispy, and although his shtick was bemoaned by some at times, he will definitely be missed and difficult to replace. A unique individual with a genuine passion for the game.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
We are lucky to have had some great people help grow the game here. The best part about them is how accessable they were/are to fans.

My dad would talk to him about Slapshot and they would often joke about going to The Palm Isle after a game and quote other lines as they pass each other in the concourse. :laugh:

I appreciate everything he has done for this franchise! Good luck to him in retirement!

Reactions: AnalogKid

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
There is a core group of people who gave us an NHL franchise. I still remember the day it was announced that Nashville had been awarded an NHL franchise. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Anyway, Terry Crisp played a large role in it succeeding here and for that I am extremely grateful. What an ambassador! What a personality! Thank you, Crispy. You will always be a “Pred”; forever etched in the annals of this franchise.

Reactions: Adz and AnalogKid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad