Crimson's McNally two-way defenseman seeking one-way ticket to NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Last season, Patrick McNally was one of the top scorers among defenseman in the ECAC. But now the Harvard defenseman looks to round out his game and establish himself as one of the top, two-way defenders in college hockey.

With increasing time on the power-play McNally was able to thrive in the offensive zone last season. He and his power-play partner, Danny Biega, helped create the top collegiate power-play unit in the country. McNally ranked third in points among defenseman in the ECAC. He had 28 points and only trailed Biega (32) and Union’s Mat Bodie (29). McNally was also the runner-up for ECAC Rookie of the Year honors.… read more

More...

brownbello

May 6, 2009
Powell River
From CDC

Jeff Angus ‏@anguscertified
Interesting situation out of Harvard - #canucks prospect Patrick McNally has been removed from the roster due to an unknown violation.

Joe Meloni ‏@CHNJoeMeloni
Four Players Removed From Harvard's Roster - http://www.collegeho...om.php
RT @smclaughlin9: In today's Harvard Crimson, Raphael Girard hints that some of the team's recent departures are due to the cheating scandal
Max Everson, Patrick McNally and Mark Luzar have all been removed from the Harvard roster.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
From CDC

Jeff Angus ‏@anguscertified
Interesting situation out of Harvard - #canucks prospect Patrick McNally has been removed from the roster due to an unknown violation.

Joe Meloni ‏@CHNJoeMeloni
Four Players Removed From Harvard's Roster - http://www.collegeho...om.php …
RT @smclaughlin9: In today's Harvard Crimson, Raphael Girard hints that some of the team's recent departures are due to the cheating scandal
Max Everson, Patrick McNally and Mark Luzar have all been removed from the Harvard roster.

Cheating at Harvard?

Isn't McNally's dad in the FBI? Can't he just 'dissapear' people?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I wrote this about a week ago... it just went up today. Just spoke with the Harvard SID who confirmed he has left the program...

Ah damnit.

I really feel like he needed to stay the full 3-4 years at college to get lots of gym time in.

So he can't take an overage spot with a CHL team?

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Can he play on the Wolves?

He would have to sign a contract with the Wolves directly, but yeah, I think so.

I wrote this about a week ago... it just went up today. Just spoke with the Harvard SID who confirmed he has left the program...

And when you say "left the program", do you mean permanently or just taking time off for a year similar to some of the other guys?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
He's a month too old.

Damnit. Best case scenario would've been to sign with an OHL contender and get 15-20 regular season games + a playoff run in this year.

Hope he doesn't try to re-enroll and sit around at college though.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
didn't he cheat on a first year humanities test? stupid is as stupid does

I would rather he get caught cheating on some stupid take-home exam than be arrested drunk driving (Riley Sheahan, Detroit) or be accused of **** (at least 10 prospects in the last 2 years across various organizations). College prospects really don't have the best track record at this.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
I would rather he get caught cheating on some stupid take-home exam than be arrested drunk driving (Riley Sheahan, Detroit) or be accused of **** (at least 10 prospects in the last 2 years across various organizations). College prospects really don't have the best track record at this.

i would too, all i'm saying it isn't too smart to cheat in some bubblegum course when it could get you kicked off the school hockey team

Richard Murray

Jun 25, 2007
Boston, MA
SID didn't specify if he left permanently or not, and he would not say anything to why he left. There is speculation to why he left, which some of you have mentioned.

arsmaster*

Damnit. Best case scenario would've been to sign with an OHL contender and get 15-20 regular season games + a playoff run in this year.

Hope he doesn't try to re-enroll and sit around at college though.
He'd have been in the QMJHL catchement anyways.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
This is probably a good thing...extra motivation to be an NHL'er because getting expelled from Harvard won't look good on a resume in the real world. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad