I find it hard to justify not picking Matthews :laugh:

No McCabe!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Joseph $3
Stanley $1 Iafrate $3
Sundin $6 Gilmour $5 Tucker $3

I can work with that. Get some favorites, a great goalie, a clutch Captain, and some guys that give a damn. Of course the options were pretty spectacular. Would have loved to spam the top dollar guys all the way. But this works for me.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Hey guys it’s Kyle, bored these days and this looks like fun:

Sundin - $6
Matthews - $6
Sittler - $6
Salming - $6

I’m $3 over the cap, so going to trade Salming and a pick for Franson, who signed for $1 with Ottawa, but who can’t afford him, so I’m signing him multi-year at $3 per year so we still fit under the cap.

Some people will say this team is too top heavy but from an analytics perspective I have a lot of charts and graphs relating to all of this.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Clark (4) - Matthews (6) - Domi (1)
Iafrate (3) - Kaberle (4)
Joseph (3)

OR

Clark (4) - Tavares (4) - Tucker (3)
Iafrate (3) - Kaberle (4)
Joseph (3)

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Clark ($4) - Gilmour ($5) - Steen ($2)
Salming ($6) - Stanley ($1)
Cujo ($3)

I’m assuming it’s prime Steen, not Leafs Steen. If it’s Leafs Steen, then I’ll take Hyman instead.

Or, for a fun, more modern one:

Clark ($4) - Matthews ($6) - Nylander ($3)
Gardiner ($2) - Iafrate ($3)
Cujo ($3)

Wendel Clark would be an amazing LW for Matthews/Nylander.

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
You need to ask Kyle Dubas that question because that's all the money he's got left on the cap...:sarcasm:

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Hyman$2 Tavares$4 Nylander$3
Salming#6 Stanley#1
Potvin$5

This is super cool, and thanks to whoever made this. But there's a serious lack of wingers in this list. Makes the picking tough. You need 2 wingers, and only 1 C.

Centers: Sittler, Matthews, Sundin, Keon, Gilmour, Armstrong (that's the entire top 2 rows), Tavares, Kadri, Perreault, Steen, Stajan, Wellwood.

12 to pick from.

Wingers: Mahovlich, Clark, Tucker, Nylander, Hyman, Domi.

6 to pick from.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Hyman$2 Tavares$4 Nylander$3
Salming#6 Stanley#1
Potvin$5

This is super cool, and thanks to whoever made this. But there's a serious lack of wingers in this list. Makes the picking tough. You need 2 wingers, and only 1 C.

Centers: Sittler, Matthews, Sundin, Keon, Gilmour, Armstrong (that's the entire top 2 rows), Tavares, Kadri, Perreault, Steen, Stajan, Wellwood.

12 to pick from.

Wingers: Mahovlich, Clark, Tucker, Nylander, Hyman, Domi.

6 to pick from.
Armstrong, Steen, and Wellwood are wingers. Wellwood yes is listed as a centre but he could not play centre. Gilmour also played a lot on the wing in his career.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I never saw Armstrong play in the 70's. Just went off hockedDB which lists him as a C. And Wellwood was definately a center. If he wasn't very good at it, then that just explains why he is here for a dollar. But it doesn't make him a winger.

Steen I got wrong. I'll give you that one. I'm just mixing up my memory of him with Stajan. My bad.

Point still stands. Theres only 8 or 9 wingers to pick from, and you need to take two of them. But there's a crazy abundance of centers, when you only need one. That's why we're seeing Hyman, Nylander, or Gilmour in almost every answer. Still super fun, and I'm enjoying the responses.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
My dads team is. He is convinced no other team could compete with it.
Big M - Keon - Jimmy Thomson
Stanley - Tim's
Cujo (no room or he would have added Bower)

My team
Clark - Gilmour - Hyman
Stanley - Salming
Cujo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad