Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
From the Original 6 onward...

1st PK unit: Guy Carbonneau - Bob Pulford - Bobby Orr - Rod Langway

2nd PK unit: Butch Goring - Bob Gainey - Doug Harvey - Tim Horton

Infinite Vision*

Lemieux - Gretzky

Orr - Harvey

Lemieux and Gretzky together in their best seasons would combine for 25 shorthanded goals!

Throw Orr and Harvey behind them that total would go up, and they wouldn't get scored on.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Defensemen:

Serge Savard - Bobby Orr

Scott Stevens - Doug Harvey

Forwards:

Bobby Clarke - Frank Nighbor

Wayne Gretzky - Jari Kurri

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just going with players I have seen: Clarke, Gainey and Orr are absolute locks.

There are plenty of candidates for the other defense spot: Potvin, Bourque, Stevens, Pronger, Savard, or Chelios.

I'll take Bernie Parent circa 1974, at his absolute peak, and he also faced more PP attempts than any goalie alive.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Bobby clarke, craig ramsay, bobby orr, bill white. Parent in net. JFF already covered why.
LG-GW620 Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 Java/Jbed/7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 MMS/LG-Android-MMS-V1.0/1.2

Axxellien

Jun 23, 2009
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Time To Kill:

Defense=Forwards- Westfall, Mohns,.... Kitty Bar The Door Artists, A. Stanley, A. Arbour,..... Second Goalie Goldham,...Bob Orr, P. Pilote. Turk Sanderson for CounterAttack....Mobility.... Stapleton, Bill White,

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Wow. Surprisingly tough. I guess I'd be tempted to go with some topics of recent conversation and start with a defensive "squad" consisting of:

Langway, Robinson, Orr, Bourque (but all are LH shots, and a wise choice in Harvey, albeit another LH shot, obviously gets omitted. Also, I have always thought of Scott Stevens as better value 5-on-5, so he doesn't get consideration from me here. Feel bad not having Lidstrom, either, but similar deal).

Forwards... Forwards... I love Gretzky, and his SH goals, but I don't think I'll jump on that trendy pick. For me, Clarke and Gainey have to be there. Maybe Carbonneau and/or Madden, but that makes me feel like I'm leaving out some better (but perhaps less "sexy") picks from earlier years. I'm gonna have to think about it a bit more.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
1st Unit

Carbonneau-Larmer

Bourque-Stevens

2nd Unit

Gretzky-Tikkanen

Lidstrom-Ramsey

Brodeur

And I say Brodeur for goalie because I always thought Haske and Roy were vulnerable to long shots from the point that got through their whole career, whereas Brodeur was virtually inpregnable on the PK from 40 feet out or more with or without screens

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Bobby Clarke, and 4 other guys (including the netminder)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad