Crazy predictions for 17-18 season

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Every year things happen nobody would've expected before the season. I thought it would be fun to see if any of us get something right.

So, make one (1) crazy prediction that is bound to raise eyebrows for the 17-18 season.

Mine: Washington Capitals and Chicago Blackhawks miss the playoffs

:D

Edit: gotta love that Duchene playoff prediction lol

Last edited:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Kailer Yamamoto plays in the Oilers' top 6 all season and takes home the Calder and trademarks the name "Yammy Hockey" in the process.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Jets will make the playoffs (finally).
Stamkos will stay healthy the whole year and Geno will play 75 games.

All bold predictions, I know.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
One of Calgary or Anaheim misses the playoffs (probably Anaheim, I can see injuries f***ing them up).

The Avs get 25+ more points than last season but still finish in the bottom two in the central division.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The NHL will approve of a team in Seattle by January and that team will start playing within days of approval. They will also win the cup this year.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
So they find a way to go back in time before they even had a team and win the Cup?

christopherlloyd.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
HFBoards love children Columbus struggle to make the playoffs.

Also, the Devils go back to their old uniforms as soon as the three year Adidas mandate expires.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Colorado bounces back and just misses to playoffs at 9th place.
John tortorella gets into a dressing room fight again.
Marc Bergevin gets desperate and trades a bunch of prospects for older roster players.
Mitch Marner is the first of the big three to fight.
Leo Komarov leads the league in most face washes.
Lee Stempniak gets traded 3 times and beats the Mike sillinger record
Mitch Marner is able to grow a beard when playoff time comes.
Marc Staal and Jordan Staal get into a fight
Antti Niemi will have the best year of his career and Lehtonen will be awful. Dallas fans will wonder why they kept lehtonen.
Laine scores on his own net again.
Jake Virtanen leads the Canucks in goals.

Too Bold?

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Every year things happen nobody would've expected before the season. I thought it would be fun to see if any of us get something right.

So, make one (1) crazy prediction that is bound to raise eyebrows for the 17-18 season.

Mine: Galchenyuk struggles all season long and doesn't seem to find a spot in the lineup while Drouin is working out as the 1C, in Florida Bjugstad finally bounces back to that 20 goal, 40 point form and plays well. Bergevin thinks he'd be a great fit behind the smaller Drouin, and struggles to find any good offers for Galchenyuk. Then few weeks before the TDL, Tallon offers him Bjugstad+ and Bergevin bites. HF goes nuts. Chucky goes lights out the rest of the season on Barkov's wing, and Bjugstad plays surprisingly well seemingly fitting in Julien's system. Both teams go on a late season run and make the playoffs.

:D
Yeah, that fits the theme of this thread alright. I would bet a large sum of money Tallon doesn't trade a producing Bjugstad for a struggling Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad