Equipment: Crazy Ovi Curve

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
You probably need to spend some time at a stick and pick or in your backyard learning how to adjust your shooting mechanics. It's not impossible to make it work though.

edit: as for technique, maybe try shooting from the toe. Or if you're too lazy just return it and pick up the same stick but with a RNH or Tavares curve. It's probably easier.

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I couldn't use it to save my life. It's too open. For shooting from a distance, you need to cup the puck and roll it and follow through low like you're trying to pass it to someone. I've used Drurys before and was able to at least get shots on net most of the time but the Ovi was just stupid open.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I think its only advantage is being able to put the puck over the goalie's pads quickly when it's in the crease.

Other than that... Saucer passes?

TUCKER 06

May 22, 2012
I use a CCM U+CL 65 Flex Crazy Ovi and used to own a U+10 65 Flex crazy Ovi.

One of my favourite spots to shoot with it is within 5 feet of the goal, high short side and far side.
Basically, it helps me make the shots that nobody expects me to. I'm also able to make some pretty slick passes with it.

It will take you a few times to get the hang of how to shoot it, but once you do you will have a lot of fun with it.

There are a few drawbacks however. It is difficult, but not impossible, to use it for backhand shots and it isn't ideal if you like to get in the corners and dig the puck out.

I only use mine every now and then - maybe a few shifts per game. Pretty much when its time to get a goal. lol

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I used to do that with the Drury. Cut from behind the net or from the side to a few feet out from the goal and try to go bar down. Really hard for them to get their hands up quick enough to stop, especially if you're going above the elbows.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
I use a CCM U+CL 65 Flex Crazy Ovi and used to own a U+10 65 Flex crazy Ovi.

One of my favourite spots to shoot with it is within 5 feet of the goal, high short side and far side.
Basically, it helps me make the shots that nobody expects me to. I'm also able to make some pretty slick passes with it.

It will take you a few times to get the hang of how to shoot it, but once you do you will have a lot of fun with it.

There are a few drawbacks however. It is difficult, but not impossible, to use it for backhand shots and it isn't ideal if you like to get in the corners and dig the puck out.

I only use mine every now and then - maybe a few shifts per game. Pretty much when its time to get a goal. lol

Well by your description it is a good stick for me. I am the kind of player who goes to the front of the net to get rebounds and deflections, so being able to easily get it above the elbow could work in my favor... I'll have to try it out a little.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I have used similar sticks to this curve for years, if I was up on forward I loved it, D not so much. I found if I turned the stick over (turned the blade down) on the follow through I could get the puck into the middle height of the net. But when I did shoot this puck on the ice, it was by accident. :sarcasm:

For regular play, I like to use a more closed, low curve stick, it helps the backhand.

ShakeyBonez

Dec 26, 2009
Temple City, CA
all of you noobs in here.

That curve is awesome.. I have really good puck control with it, and all shooting wise its a dream. Just remember to aim low, and the shot tendency is for the puck to rise. but the lower you aim the better.

When shooting at full speed you know exactly were its going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad