Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
5 points in almost 30 games.... thats even more of a suprising stat

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
5 points in almost 30 games.... thats even more of a suprising stat

Not really...last year through 38 games, he had 8 points. Very slow starter offensively, but he's picked up where he's left off defensively.

On the shots topic...I'm not really sure if that's because of Magnus, or just a massive coincidence. I wanna know how many shots on goal we gave up with Bieksa and Holzer on ice. :laugh:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Crazy to think Reinhart was chosen before Rielly and Lindholm.

Eh it's not too crazy. Looking back it sucks for NY but eh. They drafted on potential and Reinhart had a very high ceiling he just couldn't improve his skating (they probably assumed it could be fixed like Tavares)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm is good defensively but he isn't producing much offensively. He is overrated now.

Oh boo hoo, if he doesn't give up goals who cares how much he scores... he generally causes more chances/goals then against in a game by game basis.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
He's a great player to help your team win games. But a terrible fantasy player, esp this season

He wasn't actually a really good fantasy player for his first couple seasons. 30 pts +29, 34 pts +25

Not sure why he's dipped so much. I assume he's playing a high quality of opposition?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He wasn't actually a really good fantasy player for his first couple seasons. 30 pts +29, 34 pts +25

Not sure why he's dipped so much. I assume he's playing a high quality of opposition?

last year I know the team as a whole had a very below average shooting percentage with lindholm on the ice which led to his lower offensive #'s.

This year, I think he started off slow offensively coming to the season a little late, he is shooting 2.9 percent which is below league average, and I think the team is shooting at a low percentage with him on the ice again(don't quote me on that tho).... +/- is lower because the team doesn't do very well in 5 v 5.

I don't think it has much to do with quality of opposition because he is still putting up good #'s, another issue with points is fowler has really stepped up his game and taken over top PP jobs with vatanen, so hes not getting a whole lot of time on the Powerplay.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Oh boo hoo, if he doesn't give up goals who cares how much he scores... he generally causes more chances/goals then against in a game by game basis.

Better offensive production helps to make a player better then having less. He is good defensively but overall as a defenseman he is overrated it is that simple. Ducks need as much offensive help as they can get so if he was producing more that would help.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Better offensive production helps to make a player better then having less. He is good defensively but overall as a defenseman he is overrated it is that simple. Ducks need as much offensive help as they can get so if he was producing more that would help.

Cept that is a naïve way of thinking... he is doing his job 5 v 5... percentages are not on his side but if he continues doing what hes doing, the points will come... if we had 6 lindholms on defense wed win a lot more then 6 fowlers.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
His ability to tilt the ice is with the best of them, would just like to some more point from him. Still EASILY the best d-man on the ducks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's almost as if defensemen are on the ice to play defense.

He tilts the ice, but is on wrong side of percentages... if the percentages(shooting etc) ever come to league average or his side... hell start moving up that top dmen chart crazy fast.

Oct 18, 2011

last year anaheim had a very low on ice shooting % when he was on the ice, he still had 10 goals but his assist numbers suffered.

this year I think his hold out definitely has contributed he has been playing better recently though

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Cept that is a naïve way of thinking... he is doing his job 5 v 5... percentages are not on his side but if he continues doing what hes doing, the points will come... if we had 6 lindholms on defense wed win a lot more then 6 fowlers.

No it isn't naïve way of thinking. Better production is always better to have from someone then less how anyone can think otherwise is beyond me. Just like Getzlaf will start scoring goals at a reasonable rate that I heard some Ducks fans say he will? When will Lindholm start producing at a better rate? If we had 6 Lindholms we would be very good defensive team and be wanting a high scoring defenseman added to the team over at least 1 of the Lindholms.

It's almost as if defensemen are on the ice to play defense.

Defenseman job is to play hockey that involves everything which includes producing offensively.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No it isn't naïve way of thinking. Better production is always better to have from someone then less how anyone can think otherwise is beyond me. Just like Getzlaf will start scoring goals at a reasonable rate that I heard some Ducks fans say he will? When will Lindholm start producing at a better rate? If we had 6 Lindholms we would be very good defensive team and be wanting a high scoring defenseman added to the team over at least 1 of the Lindholms.

Defenseman job is to play hockey that involves everything which includes producing offensively.

The teams job is to win, lindholms stats equate to winning.. his scoring is a bonus... You realize lindholm controls the game and pushes the offense better then all our dmen... he just has a low shooting percentage and the team doesn't have a high percentage when hes on the ice but hes doing all he can... points just are not coming yet.

His point totals will rely heavily on 5 v 5 production, which this team lacks, because he doesn't play on top pp unit

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

The teams job is to win, lindholms stats equate to winning.. his scoring is a bonus... You realize lindholm controls the game and pushes the offense better then all our dmen... he just has a low shooting percentage and the team doesn't have a high percentage when hes on the ice but hes doing all he can... points just are not coming yet.

His point totals will rely heavily on 5 v 5 production, which this team lacks, because he doesn't play on top pp unit

I know what he is good at I just want some more offense getting sick of seeing multiple players offensive numbers drop and hearing it will come. Lindholm is good but he has become overrated that doesn't mean he isn't good don't know why some people act like it is crazy to call him overrated.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Eh it's not too crazy. Looking back it sucks for NY but eh. They drafted on potential and Reinhart had a very high ceiling he just couldn't improve his skating (they probably assumed it could be fixed like Tavares)

They got Barzal for him though so I'd take that trade off

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
His ability to tilt the ice is with the best of them, would just like to some more point from him. Still EASILY the best d-man on the ducks.

Its definitely not easy. Even if you concede that he is the best d on the ducks its definitely not easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad