Confirmed with Link: Crawford signs with Devils

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Absolutely. Pay Cory Schneider, Buy him out. Waste the money. Buy another goalie that's almost 36. In 2 years get rid of him. Buy another one. Constant recycle. Since like 2012 95% all those players bought or drafted were worth 0, because none of them helped you get a cup. Attention spam of 5 minutes at management level. So afraid to have some balls, dump the stupid recycle idea, and build an actual team.
steve-cangialosi.jpg

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
That's not the point. You miss the big picture. I think NHL and sports in general got so diluted and over parityed to the point teams focus went into trading/drafting/recycling as oppose to winning a cup. Maybe there is a reason why people prefer E-Sports these days. It's hard to root for a team if players change every year, and they and up on every other team the next season.

Meaningless if Schneider or Crawford is better. It wont' get you to the real destination.
We have been "improving" since 2012.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Absolutely. Pay Cory Schneider, Buy him out. Waste the money. Buy another goalie that's almost 36. In 2 years get rid of him. Buy another one. Constant recycle. Since like 2012 95% all those players bought or drafted were worth 0, because none of them helped you get a cup. Attention spam of 5 minutes at management level. So afraid to have some balls, dump the stupid recycle idea, and build an actual team.

if you were talking about defensemen or forwards, i’d agree with you. but backup goalies can (and for the most part, should) be brought in every few years on short term deals

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
That's not the point. You miss the big picture. I think NHL and sports in general got so diluted and over parityed to the point teams focus went into trading/drafting/recycling as oppose to winning a cup. Maybe there is a reason why people prefer E-Sports these days. It's hard to root for a team if players change every year, and they and up on every other team the next season.

Meaningless if Schneider or Crawford is better. It wont' get you to the real destination.
Big picture- If we drafted Askarov, signing Corey would still be a good call.... We are hoping Blackwood is our future, we drafted him. We drafted Daws, just in case. I'm not sure what you are ranting about other than not drafting Askarov.

You think we should have taken him at 7?

Reactions: JelloPuddyPops

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Literally what are you talking about?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Ah I get it

You don't want the team to trade/draft/sign guys that played on other teams to try to win the cup instead you just want to... win the cup. Like, why try building a team to win the cup when you can just win it right?

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
What is the point of signing a 35 year old average goaltender? This looks like Shero 2.0 with recycling of the same names. Should have drafted Askarov and have a goalie for 18 years.
Drafting goalies in this draft literally has no effect on the goalies in our line-up in the next two years. We could have drafted nine goalies and we would have still had to sign a UFA goalie or traded for one. Yes, his age isn’t ideal but that’s why we were able to sign a goalie that had a great year to short cheaper deal. It’s deal that allows the flexibility to move on with Blackwood and a younger goalie after using him as a stopgap measure. We needed a 1b goalie and Fitz was able to get a very good one, I’m curious who would have been a better choice. (I mean for next season, so not Askarov.)

“Recycling the same name”? Do you mean their first name or the fact that it’s a UFA that you’ve heard of?

Reactions: NJDevs26

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey

As a huge E-sports fan

1. This is definitely not true

2. Roster turnovers are much more common in most E-sports than professional sports

Reactions: JaegerDice

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Kinda hard to win Cups when you don't make the playoffs.

...and we weren't making the playoffs with an .887 backup goaltender.

Reactions: JelloPuddyPops

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If the Devils can add another competent defender and Smith is ready to contribute we might have the makings of a watchable team.
I think it's going to take more than just one defender...but hey, who knows? Maybe Ruff can make the most of this roster? He's going to have to spend the first half the season deprogramming them from the traumatic state Hynes left them in though.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
This is a one year deal if the expansion draft weren’t a thing. Hope he keeps it up in NJ cause he was apparently quite good last year. It’s a solid deal, unless Crawford falls off a cliff the AAV is tolerable.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
This should be a quality signing as long as he can stay healthy. He had a lot of concussion related issues the past few years. Missed a lot of time a couple years ago.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Big picture- If we drafted Askarov, signing Corey would still be a good call.... We are hoping Blackwood is our future, we drafted him. We drafted Daws, just in case. I'm not sure what you are ranting about other than not drafting Askarov.

You think we should have taken him at 7?

I hope he can repeat, but bet against that happening and will regress big time. I think at some point Cory will be the #1, as I think he still has some gas left in him to be good again.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
I like the idea of Blackwood splitting time this season with someone but I thought Crawford looked atrocious in his final games. He was not fluid in the crease, he was slow and uncoordinated. It appeared to me his time is up and I was not surprised to see Chicago say goodbye. He also said he wants to to be the "the guy" which is another thing that perplexes me. What did Fitz tell him?

I want Pietrangelo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad