Crawford named NHL 1st Star of the Week

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
But can't win with him and/or a mere passenger, right?:naughty:

FIRST STAR – COREY CRAWFORD, G, CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Crawford went 3-0-0 with a 0.33 goals-against average, .989 save percentage and two shutouts to help the Blackhawks (17-10-4, 38 points) climb into second place in the Central Division. He stopped 36 of 37 shots in a 4-1 win over the Nashville Predators Dec. 8. Crawford then posted a pair of shutouts, making 25 saves in a 2-0 victory over the Winnipeg Jets Dec. 11 and 30 saves in a 4-0 triumph over the Vancouver Canucks Dec. 13. In doing so, Crawford earned consecutive shutouts for the third time in his career and second time this season (also Oct. 24 vs. TBL: 21 SV and Oct. 26 vs. ANA: 39 SV). The 30-year-old Montreal native, who shares the League lead with four shutouts in 2015-16, owns a 15-7-2 record in 24 appearances (2.23 GAA, .924 SV%), including four straight wins.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=792578

Hall and Faulk numbers two and three.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Man, remember back in 2012 when the Hawks didn't record a single shutout all year and Crawford let in two terrible goals against PHX?

How the times have changed. This guy is a stud and worth every penny

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I missed most of the Nashville game but was in attendance for the last two. Crawford was very impressive.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Remember those 82-0 Flyers commercials a few years back? That could be us if only Darling anyone except Crawford was our permanent starter.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well deserved. I saw him mention something about how he started off strong this year, and then became complacent. Hopefully he uses that experience and continues to strive for the rest of the year.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Very well deserved.

I wonder how many people who are fans of other teams will still try to claim that it is the team in front of him or whatever.

I mean, I guess an argument could be made that Rundblad's ghastly turnovers force Crawford to make more saves than necessary and make him look better.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Very well deserved.

I wonder how many people who are fans of other teams will still try to claim that it is the team in front of him or whatever.

I mean, I guess an argument could be made that Rundblad's ghastly turnovers force Crawford to make more saves than necessary and make him look better.

Crawford has been forced to make more saves off TVR ****-ups this week alone than he has for Rundblad ****-ups.

But yeah, the argument that he's the product of team in front of him is getting increasingly hilarious. It was already nonsense last year, given how many shots and shot attempts the Blackhawks were giving up through the bulk of the regular season and many games in the playoffs. He straight up bailed his team out more nights than not, rather than vice versa.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Crawford has been forced to make more saves off TVR ****-ups this week alone than he has for Rundblad ****-ups.

But yeah, the argument that he's the product of team in front of him is getting increasingly hilarious. It was already nonsense last year, given how many shots and shot attempts the Blackhawks were giving up through the bulk of the regular season and many games in the playoffs. He straight up bailed his team out more nights than not, rather than vice versa.

Both of his backups having better numbers than him last year gave credence to the argument that it's the team in front of him.

It's a little different this year. Crawford has clearly been better than Darling this season. He's been amazing lately, though remember it wasn't long ago that Q himself said Crawford has been 'ok' this year.

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario
Both of his backups having better numbers than him last year gave credence to the argument that it's the team in front of him.

It's a little different this year. Crawford has clearly been better than Darling this season. He's been amazing lately, though remember it wasn't long ago that Q himself said Crawford has been 'ok' this year.

Backups dont play the high caliber teams that the starter plays though.

That being said, Crow got an L tonight, so I bet the haters will be back.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Reading The Hockey News issue from August.
Corey was #5 on their most underrated list from last season.

"There's a perception of Crawford as the perfect system goaltender - he wins because of the team in front of him. This past season, that couldn't have been further from the truth. Of the 35 goaltenders who played at leas 1,500 minutes, Crawford has the eighth best 5-on-5 save percentage, ahead of goaltenders such as Tuukka Rask, Henrik Lundqvist, Jonathan Quick, and Sergei Bobrovksy."

a fun little tid bit

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Shhhhhhhhh.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Ok so Crawford has a mediocre season all year long and now you are all praising him as hero because he had 3 good games, nice...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ok so Crawford has a mediocre season all year long and now you are all praising him as hero because he had 3 good games, nice...

Yup, Darling would have much better stats if he played as many games.

3 good games....:laugh:

More like a handful of bad games. The rest, pretty good. Much better than anything Darling has shown.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

A save percentage of .924 is considered mediocre? That's relatively good. Not amazing, but a far cry from mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad