Crawford, Corey. Patience or Cut Ties?

Keep Crawford?

• Yes, he will continue to earn you points.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, FOR GODS SAKE MAN!! THE BOAT IS SINKING GET OUT!

• I don't care, i'm just here for the beer.

• Total voters

Makorov

Minnesota Wild Fan
May 22, 2014
Unknown
At this point.. We know (or you should know) the Blackhawks situation.

Being in a keeper league, is it worth keeping Crawford and his 6 million Salary Cap or should I cut ties. I have other good goalies like Rinne, Rittich and (called up Stalock after he became "Veteran status" in our league which is a goalie who is above 100 games and cannot be put in the Minor's roster) I have 2 G and 1 Skater in my reserve, if I drop or trade Crawford I will still be ok. I will just call up a Skater or add a Skater.

Note: For roster spots there are 3 reserve spots, that can be taken by either Skaters or Goalies. (2 skaters, 1 G or 2 G, 1 Skater.. you get the picture.)

Is there hope for him still making me a good amount of points besides the Blackhawks on a 8L streak, or should I cut ties and sever the cord.

Goalie scoring is as such:
  1. Saves : +0.2
  2. Goals against: -1
  3. Wins: +4
  4. Shutouts: +3

I realize there maybe many questions so please ask away, I didn't put all the information due to not boring you to death. This way you can ask questions to help give an answer without having to read a ton of useless information that may or may not help.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
IMHO, you should keep him. He has been great and still gets lit up because he starts every game down 2-0.
I think he has at big bounce back next year with some big Chicago changes.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Well this question just changed dramatically with his concussion on Sunday...

Given how long he was out last time, there has to be a least some concern that his playing career is over.

What kind of options are available to you in terms of IR slots? Would the league allow you to IR him over the summer, if you pointed out that his playing career could be over? Thus allowing you "11" keepers?

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
I read the other day that he sold his house in Chicago. If you can cut him for someone who helps you now I'd be all over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad