Craig Morgan loses Coyotes coverage gig

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Ugh I'm tempted to do this job part time or something. I have some college courses in Journalism.

Fox sports wants clicks? Have someone reporting on the rumors. Now we get to see Sarah's work on how hard the team played and listen to the same answers 82 games a year :/

Yay

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't think Sarah has ever asked a tough question. Sad day.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Ugh I'm tempted to do this job part time or something. I have some college courses in Journalism.

I have almost decades of experience as a reporter and I wouldn't go back into the industry to save my own life. You're either a shill or a glorified blogger these days, and neither one pays enough to live anymore. It's all about what you can make viral to break through people's smartphones, and no "legit" news outlet is budgeting for real in-depth reportage anymore because they can get wire feeds and "partner content" for cheaper than a salary plus benefits.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Reason #67 on why it sucks to be a Coyote fan: Having one of the best sportswriters in the country covering your team, and losing him.

Very sad day!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Morgan was the closest thing we've ever had to legitimate, critical coverage. The rest are just puppets for the org. Just happy to be there.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Man, things just keep getting better and better for hockey in the desert. ****. It's now basically just McLellan, and she's half the reporter Morgan is.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
This sucks. Craig is the only sports reporter that's worth a damn in this city, when it comes to hockey.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
This sucks. Craig is the only sports reporter that's worth a damn in this city, when it comes to hockey.
He did a nice job with the Cardinals also. I can't think of anyone else, in any sport, that comes close to Craig in this town.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon

Fox sports wants clicks? Have someone reporting on the rumors. Now we get to see Sarah's work on how hard the team played and listen to the same answers 82 games a year :/

Yay
[email protected]

My actual work schedule is too inconsistent to make use of it, but if you're even semi-serious, get a hold of their media relations department and see what it takes to get a press pass.

Blog. Record a 10 minute weekly podcast (I'd subscribe). I don't know if "posts on a message board" counts, but would it hurt to ask? You don't need a college degree ... as long as you're producing content and being reasonably professional about it, on what grounds would they turn you down? Adding you would literally double the size of our post-game media scrum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad