Craig Button releases a new Craig's List for 2024 draft - Parekh & Buium top 2 defencemen on list edition

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
That's a Czech twist...

All season long we have debated between galvas vs badinka (after jiricek).

So button puts fibigr in round one.lmao. That is extremely encouraging as he has three Czech d in the first 45. That would be tremendous. Surprised no badinka at all to be honest (unless I missed him)
Craig might just be more familiar with Fibigr as he plays in Mississauga, which is likely <1 hour from Craig's house and he's probably watched Fibigr play a dozen times.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Craig might just be more familiar with Fibigr as he plays in Mississauga, which is likely <1 hour from Craig's house and he's probably watched Fibigr play a dozen times.
Any chance you know about Mississauga and the playoffs? Selfishly want fibigr at the U18s. He's been slowly climbing all year. Top 100 and I'm thrilled tbh. Round one and I do cart wheels

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1 goal and 12 assists and a +5 in his last 11 games....
Led OHL rookie D in points. That is encouraging. Being mentioned on buttons list may get him a few.more looks and increase his profile. Won't lie though... Was surprised to see his name.ahead of Galvas and Badinka.

Reactions: Castle8130

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Javon Moore is the third highest scoring player on a public high school team.

Have we seen the third leading scoring forward (PPG) on a public high school team go in the top two rounds in the last 30 years?
To be fair I think Javon Moore is a very strong player with very good skating and awareness. His overall tools are more valuable than just putting points on the board. Wouldn't be crazy if he went late 2nd-early 3rd at highest.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
That's a Czech twist...

All season long we have debated between galvas vs badinka (after jiricek).

So button puts fibigr in round one.lmao. That is extremely encouraging as he has three Czech d in the first 45. That would be tremendous. Surprised no badinka at all to be honest (unless I missed him)
You didn't miss him. And it didn't surprise me either, it's probably not a surprise.. But otherwise Fibigr quite good. If he misses the championship as well, it will be a very big weakening of the team.

Reactions: Czechboy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is the second or third list I've seen where Catton was dismissed but small and willowy Parekh was very high. I'd like to hear more about that contrast.

I'm more concerned with Parekh's size and strength than Catton's.

Incredible that scouts seem to not have learned a thing from Benson last year. Catton is primed to be an enormous, immediate steal for a team in the 12-15 range - a guy who is a clear-as-day top-5 pick with the smarts and drive to step right into the NHL.

A lot of the teams that would have passed on Benson last year would not be surprised by the season that Benson is having. A very special player but he's still getting thrown around and there's a lot he can't do. Very high injury risk and potentially lower upside with his size and skating.

I'm not sure it's that relevant to Catton either way, very different player and not super small. I don't think he has Benson's brain or motor, by the way. It's just a very different player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Javon Moore is the third highest scoring player on a public high school team.

Have we seen the third leading scoring forward (PPG) on a public high school team go in the top two rounds in the last 30 years?
Well, one of the three isn't eligible for the draft, and the other one, while skilled, doesn't have nearly the physicality of Moore, nor the skating. Moore also was the leading goal scorer, while Burrows is more of a set up man. Moore is pretty clearly the guy who is most projectable, though who knows what Burrows will be like if he puts on 20-30 lbs?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, one of the three isn't eligible for the draft, and the other one, while skilled, doesn't have nearly the physicality of Moore, nor the skating. Moore also was the leading goal scorer, while Burrows is more of a set up man. Moore is pretty clearly the guy who is most projectable, though who knows what Burrows will be like if he puts on 20-30 lbs?
Likely none of them are top two round picks. I think all will be drafted.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Finally someone said that Demidov is a better player than Michkov. I’ve been saying this since the start of the season.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Buckles

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
This is the second or third list I've seen where Catton was dismissed but small and willowy Parekh was very high. I'd like to hear more about that contrast.

I'm more concerned with Parekh's size and strength than Catton's.

A lot of the teams that would have passed on Benson last year would not be surprised by the season that Benson is having. A very special player but he's still getting thrown around and there's a lot he can't do. Very high injury risk and potentially lower upside with his size and skating.

I'm not sure it's that relevant to Catton either way, very different player and not super small. I don't think he has Benson's brain or motor, by the way. It's just a very different player.
Catton is a small guy who plays a very individualistic game, and doesn't have plus skills at the NHL level.

Parekh is a potential superstar with some risks.

Button's opinion seems to be that Catton is a Ryan Strome or Cole Perfetti, while Parekh is a potential Quinn Hughes.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Catton is a small guy who plays a very individualistic game, and doesn't have plus skills at the NHL level.

Button's opinion seems to be that Catton is a Ryan Strome or Cole Perfetti
I mean maybe when he plays for Spokane with plumbers that might be the case, but I found him to be the opposite of individualistic when playing with misa and Ritchie at the Hlinka; worked well off his teammates, set up his wingers well, and had incredible sense of time and space in transition. Think the size concerns are overblown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad