Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Craig doesn’t think Mitch is a god.

if marner is god then Berube is kratos

8qg9sz.jpg

horner

May 22, 2007
Nah, some of you guys aren't giving Matthews and Nylander enough credit. They will likely improve their overall play, and maybe even their numbers, under Berube,. Tavares will have a resurgence. Domi may struggle because his defensive lapses are going to get him into trouble.

Tocchet is nothing special. Life is easier for a coach when you have a Norris defenseman and a Vezina goalie.
No vezina goalie in the playoffs and they may beet Edmonton not to bad I would take that!!!!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I like this new direction. Seems to imply a quicker pace of play which will be a big change from that plodding possession style that this group was so accustomed to playing with in those brain dead regular season games.
He is under contract with the Flames, but things can and do change.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Changes have started but they aren't completed, I don't think this is the last of the coaching changes
:laugh::laugh:

It's time for an English language lesson. Change was needed, suggests singular... in this case, we were talking about the Head Coaching position. Change was needed... (Silently implied, at the Head Coaching Position) Change was made.

This isn't a thread about trades, or signings, or any of the other changes that are needed, and will happen.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Somebody please tell me this is true. Any other sources saying this?

GNy_b88XYAAHuHz

Funny though, what Savard is saying here is the opposite of what Tocchet (who I think is doing a great job) said the other night. He said he wants the Canucks to hold onto the puck and that their problem in the loss was getting rid of the puck too quick

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Berube: I want you to fight for pucks along the board and stop floating around
Marner: But I might get hit

Berube: How about skate into the middle of the offensive zone, screen goalies or look for rebounds?
Marner: But I might get hit with the puck

Berube: No shit Sherlock. But in the playoffs, it's a tougher game with tons of shot blocking. Your dispy doodling passing isnt working, so let's try something else to spark offence for the team
Marner: But I wont get highlight reel curls, spins and pass and plays

Berube: You're a total tool. How do you expect to win in tough games?
Marner: I'll do better soon I promise. According to NHL '24 I can beat the computer 10-0

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Thought this was pretty decent write-up

P.S. the IT folks that get patches for HF can we fix the media copy and paste thingy? Twitter has changed its domain to "X" so when you copy and paste the tweets it doesn't show completely

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
The big question is how Berube will handle Matthews and Marner? I’m not convinced he’s going to come in and “set them straight”.

But if he does, how will they respond if he wants them to play a way and with players that won’t max out their stats?

Let’s not forget, one of the reasons why Auston and Mitch didn’t like Babs was bc they wanted to play together and Babs rarely let them. Sheldon came in and let them call the shots and gave them whatever they wanted and everything was geared towards maxing their point totals

Will Berube say F that you don’t call the shots and if so how will they respond, particularly Auston? I think that’s the key question

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Berube: I want you to fight for pucks along the board and stop floating around
Marner: But I might get hit

Berube: How about skate into the middle of the offensive zone, screen goalies or look for rebounds?
Marner: But I might get hit with the puck

Berube: No shit Sherlock. But in the playoffs, it's a tougher game with tons of shot blocking. Your dispy doodling passing isnt working, so let's try something else to spark offence for the team
Marner: But I wont get highlight reel curls, spins and pass and plays

Berube: You're a total tool. How do you expect to win in tough games?
Marner: I'll do better soon I promise. According to NHL '24 I can beat the computer 10-0
That is your pretend Marner - Berube dialogue?

Reactions: mcleex

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Why did he agree to come here? Next season is flush it year unless they convince Marner to waive. I am not sold at all that he is the one that will make a difference and get the core guys to execute in a playoff series.
Ya. What out of work NHL coach would ever want to coach one of the most talented group of players in the league in the biggest hockey market in the world? It's madness!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Funnily enough I think Nylander actually will respond the best out of any of the core to more direct call outs/benchings. There's a reason Keefe was more willing to do that with him

Was he more willing to or was he more deserving?

Also, no one knows who was called out behind closed doors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad