Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This team has needed a new voice behind the bench since at least the Florida loss, if not immediately after the 2021 disaster. Keefe's deficiencies more than anything contributed to this teams repeated playoff failures as the same problems always plagued them; inability to score, poor special teams, and a refusal to adapt or change things.

Berube has a winning pedigree, a reputation as a motivator, and preaches hard nosed, no passengers hockey. We need that in this market more than ever.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Meh

Another flavor.....if he fails ....then what?

I dont see much of a upgrade other than the growl he has. TO makes people like that heros's here and they never won anything.

I hope he has better assistants

Tre record hiring coaches isnt great......should we be worried?

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I hope this is a change for the better.

Change was definitely needed as typically Keefe was good for extending the season for about 7 games a season but we need to aim higher.

The list of guys available wasn't great with Gallant, Berube and McLellan being the big names.

Other guys that people consider good coaches were hired elsewhere like Maurice and Deboer...but they all got fired elsewhere.

Coaches are hired to be fired.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I'll repost this because it made me happy to read:

"Berube's suffocating system took a stranglehold on the rest of the league. The Blues became a heavy hockey team that made opponents fight for every inch of the ice and did not allow for easy passage through the neutral zone. Not only did the Blues find their scoring touch, but their forechecking became a widely superior strength over anyone else in the NHL, increasing their offensive-zone time and not allowing teams to rush up the ice."

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Why do we always pretend we are doing a full on search

Everyone knew it was going to be Berube pretty much after game 7

Same with treliving. We all knew he was coming once dubas screwed up and got himself fired
Well connected hockey media...

...aaaannnddd elite speculation

;)

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You wanna know how I know Berube is a good hire? Im reading all Blues fans online and on social media right now. This is the consensus:

"Oh my god, wow he's really gonna win them their 1st cup in 2 generations"
"This is such a good hire, Im really gonna have to become a leafs fan"
"I love Berube but he seriously couldn't have gone anywhere else? Such a good hire for them ugh"
"Wow he's really gonna put the leafs through the ringer and win them their first cup"
"Golf days are over, leafs mean business now"

Blues fans clearly did not want this man fired

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What is the difference betwee Mike Babcock and Craig Berube as a coach?

Is Berube a good systems coach?

I know he is a hard ass like Babcock was.

Babcock had an absurd ego and was power hungry though and a manipilator. Hopefully Berube can be a hard nose coach with strong systems that help the team next year while maintaining a sense of normalcy in a coach - player relation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad