Post-Game Talk: Craig Adams was missed in this one but not really, Panthers 1 - Pens 5

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Good that we have 1 more big Metro battle with the Caps before the TDL. Don't lose focus JR. Go with your gut dude.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Watching Geno'so when he's at his best is ****ing awesome. He literally just does whatever the **** he wants. So fun to watch. Sid, Perron, and Hornqvist is awesome as well. Fleury was unreal.

Michael8771*

MAF, Geno, Horny and Sid were tremendous, MAF in particular. Perron had a strong game also

Sill sucks so hard it sickens me.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Great third. This win is equal parts Two headed Monster and Al Montoya. Montoya just rendered a lot of good work by the Panthers in the first two irrelevant. He looked so small and so deep in his net all game

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
We won a game without the legendary Craig Adams? Didn't think that was possible.

The stars were great. Hornqvist + Crosby = sex. Never again keep these two apart.

Michael8771*

Now, that´s worth a discussion. I would have to think about that.
No discussion, Sill's an abomination, he's not even a good AHL player. I can't wish evil on someone, but if I could, it would be on Sill. He just shouldn't be here!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ Geno: Beast mode but he's been really good all season, IMO

+ Sid: Thank God. This is so refreshing to see this Sid for 6 periods. I pray to the hockey gods he stays on this level instead of the negative impact he was giving this team. He's looked like the best player in the world the last two games. No stupid passes. No lazy backchecking. No **** work on the powerplay. He's playing great, smart, fast, and simple hockey. He still has room to grow, too.

+ Fleury: Once again - good all season long. He's our MVP of the season.

Overall very proud of how the team played the last 2 games. It doesn't mean **** if we cannot sustain that play, but so far we have. The real test comes Wednesday.

Bring it on.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Have we completely ruled out the scenario of Adams kidnapping Kunitz before the game, just so he could be in the line-up? I mean, they both play some awful hockey...

+Flower/Crosby/Malkin/Horny/Despres/Pouliot

-Scuds....the dude only has one play....ONE ******* PLAY

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Going into this weekend, I thought that the Pens would be better off moving Sutter and Kunitz and using the saved cap space to properly address L2 and improve the mix in the bottom six and on defense.

After this weekend, I think exactly the same thing.

This weekend also validated my thinking that Perron would be the perfect complement for Sid and Horny and that if JR properly addresses L2, then with Sid and Geno BOTH finally set up for success and THIS Fleury, anything was possible for this team, no matter the flaws in other areas.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
--------- Scuderi

That's one "-" for every time that I saw him screw up getting the puck out of our zone this game. There's just no way him supposedly being good on the PK can make up for him practically gift-wrapping the puck for the other team 5-on-5. He handles the puck like it's grenade.

If Adams can be scratched is it too much to hope Scuderi could be next...?

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
++++ No Adams.
++ Sid and Geno for enjoying the game without Adams.
++ PK for not having Adams
++ Fleury for not needing the PK extraordinaire.
+ other players who aren't adams and kunitz.

Michael8771*

+ Geno: Beast mode but he's been really good all season, IMO

+ Sid: Thank God. This is so refreshing to see this Sid for 6 periods. I pray to the hockey gods he stays on this level instead of the negative impact he was giving this team. He's looked like the best player in the world the last two games. No stupid passes. No lazy backchecking. No **** work on the powerplay. He's playing great, smart, fast, and simple hockey. He still has room to grow, too.

+ Fleury: Once again - good all season long. He's our MVP of the season.

Overall very proud of how the team played the last 2 games. It doesn't mean **** if we cannot sustain that play, but so far we have. The real test comes Wednesday.

Bring it on.
You got that right! We'll see what happens when we play a real team on wednesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad