Cracknell signed

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
One-way 600K contract. Good for him. But for the sake of the Blues I'd prefer if he were a depth player. The line got clicking at the end of the season. But one wonders where Nichol and Langenbrunner fit into things. (Or if they do at all).

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
One-way 600K contract. Good for him. But for the sake of the Blues I'd prefer if he were a depth player. The line got clicking at the end of the season. But one wonders where Nichol and Langenbrunner fit into things. (Or if they do at all).

Do not think they fit into things.

No qualms at all with Cracknell taking over as the 4th line center.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

I'd bet the farm that Langenbrunner won't be re-signed. I'm pretty sure that Nichol also will not be re-signed.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Doesn't really make a difference if Cracknell is on the 4th-line or the 13th forward.

He's a good enough player. Who cares what happens with Nichol and Langenbrunner, they are inferior players at this point and probably won't be back...

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
OMG. Why Armstrong why? How are we ever going to afford Petro and and Shatty? :sarcasm:

Seriously, this is a well earned contract. I see no significant downside.

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
I, along with pretty much everyone else here, believe he earned every penny of that contract and deserves to stay up here with the big club. I think this will solidify our CPR line but more importantly could mean some of the other guys will go

I am not talking about Langs and Nichol, but some roster players. I don't know who yet but I would say the Blues make at least one offseason deal and then are left in a great position to let Jaskin and Rattie play for the Wolves for most if not all of the year barring some injury.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I thought Langenbrunner had one more season under contract. (No, I haven't checked CapGeek.) It will be interesting to see whether his hip surgery gives him a bit more career longevity.

Did I miss some time when Cracknell was the 4th line center? I thought it was Porter when Nichol was out.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No, Langenbrunner is a UFA.

Porter did center the 4th line but Cracknell has played some center in Peoria. Probably will stick with Porter there though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad