CPR line

cardsfan

May 22, 2013
Why is Hitch so reluctant to go back to this combo? Have we found a 4th line this year (or even a 3rd line) that's close to as effective as the CPR line was at the end of last season?

It's time to put them back together -- give them a chance to get used to each other over the last two games of the regular season (maybe even playing 14-15 minutes per game), then use them in the playoffs the same way we did last season. The injuries make it a no-brainer, but even once we get Tarasenko, Oshie and Backes back, I'd rather see CPR on our 4th line than Lapierre, Ott, Roy, Paajarvi or Morrow, all of whom can just be healthy scratches as far as I care.

(On that last note: I don't miss Perron or Stewart, but god how bad have this season's forward acquisitions been?)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I just posted in another thread that the CPR line might be active tonight. However because of injuries, those guys you named won't be healthy scratches. They'll be on the 2nd and third lines, maybe even the first. The reason CPR hasn't happened is because Lapierre has had a good season at 4th line center. He shouldn't be bumped up though which would be required for CPR to happen. Hopefully they can give the team the spark they need to steal a win and maybe be kept together.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Its not like the Blues were able to win more than 2 playoff games with the CPR line. Sure, they were a bright spot, but its not some magic formula. The Blues have had several players who looked effective on the 4th line. A lot depends on who is healthy and how the top 9 shake out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad