Coyotes @ World Championships - And General WC Talk

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
They were just about to give Domi his first shift 10 minutes in to this game against Sweden and then someone replaced him at the last second right before the faceoff :( at least Tipp gives him more ice time than he's getting here in the quarter finals :)

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
They were just about to give Domi his first shift 10 minutes in to this game against Sweden and then someone replaced him at the last second right before the faceoff :( at least Tipp gives him more ice time than he's getting here in the quarter finals :)

Goal for Domi!!! As soon as i say that, haha

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Enough with this Matthews/Laine stuff.....unleash Mighty Max :handclap:

It was all Sam Reinhart :sarcasm:

Domi had a rough game against Finland. He has been platooning with Reinhart as the 12/13th forward for the most part. No shame in that. Canada has a deep team.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Connor Murphy had a great tournament. Named one of the top players for Team USA.

In that sense, it may make more sense to add a RHD of similar caliber to Murphy and Stone rather than empty the tank for a top flight guy like Shattenkirk.

So what do we need to add to the 20th pick (not the 7th) to get Dumba out of Minnesota?

OEL - Murphy
xxxx - Dumba
KConn - Stone
Dahlbeck - Z

xxxx = UFA D like Yandle or Hamhuis, or down the line a defenseman from this draft.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Laine named MVP to add to the 1C vs 1RW debate for #1 overall.

Interesting how reminiscent this talk is of the Marner/Strome debate. Can't go wrong with either but to me being an impartial observer it's the 1C for me hands down. I wouldn't question it but I know I did during the Strome/Marner debate. Every. Single. Day.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Laine named MVP to add to the 1C vs 1RW debate for #1 overall.

Interesting how reminiscent this talk is of the Marner/Strome debate. Can't go wrong with either but to me being an impartial observer it's the 1C for me hands down. I wouldn't question it but I know I did during the Strome/Marner debate. Every. Single. Day.

He looked horrible today and a lot of people found him being the tourny MVP a bit suspect. If you have a look at the gold medal GDT nearly every FINN feels Matthews is the better player.

That debate seems to be dying down a bit.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Laine thread is almost as over the top as the Marner thread. Getting named tournament MVP will not help. Cant say I think he deserved it even though what he did as a draft eligible player is very impressive.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He looked horrible today and a lot of people found him being the tourny MVP a bit suspect. If you have a look at the gold medal GDT nearly every FINN feels Matthews is the better player.

That debate seems to be dying down a bit.

The Laine thread is almost as over the top as the Marner thread. Getting named tournament MVP will not help. Cant say I think he deserved it even though what he did as a draft eligible player is very impressive.

Doesn't matter if he deserved it. It's fuel to the debate. I'm glad as let Leaf fans go after Jet fans for a bit. We've had our fill.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What do these extra-curricular types of tournaments do for development? I cant image too much for Domi, but Murphy sounds like he may have been USA's best defenseman. Does performances like this carry over to overall development often?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Domi got a gut check by playing so few minutes. Hopefully he's angry and takes it out during the season by elevating his game. Team Canada told him that he's not such a budding superstar.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What do these extra-curricular types of tournaments do for development? I cant image too much for Domi, but Murphy sounds like he may have been USA's best defenseman. Does performances like this carry over to overall development often?

Tikonov led tournament in scoring a couple years ago. 4th liner in NHL.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Domi got a gut check by playing so few minutes. Hopefully he's angry and takes it out during the season by elevating his game. Team Canada told him that he's not such a budding superstar.

He looked extremely happy with gold around his neck.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have no personal knowledge of this but Patrick O'Sullivan surmised yesterday that one of the reasons the US has trouble getting top players for this tournament is the way they treat the players and their families. He says Canada is first class for both players and families but the US is lagging way behind. I can't imagine these guys would be rushing to sign up for that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I have no personal knowledge of this but Patrick O'Sullivan surmised yesterday that one of the reasons the US has trouble getting top players for this tournament is the way they treat the players and their families. He says Canada is first class for both players and families but the US is lagging way behind. I can't imagine these guys would be rushing to sign up for that.

How do they treat the players and families? Did he give specifics?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No but my guess would be travel, accomodations, and event planning. But that would be just my guess. Oddly enough I have heard NHL'ers make the same kind of comments about the Leafs having better setup for players and they are starting to notice especially the minor leaguers.
How do they treat the players and families? Did he give specifics?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Team Canada helps make travel/accommodation arrangements for players' families. I have no knowledge of what team USA does or does not do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad