Coyotes @ World Championships - And General WC Talk

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Nice. Numbers on the forehead remind me of airborne school.

Was that an exhibition game? Full tournament start on the 6th?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
USA 1 - Canada 5

USA goalie (Kinkaid - NJ Devils) looked overwhelmed.

Murphy wearing the "A", no points
Domi - no points

Matthews - no points. Kids a bust. Good thing we won't be drafting him. :sarcasm:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Anyone know why OEL is not playing for Sweden?

Latvia took them to OT today.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Anyone know why OEL is not playing for Sweden?

Latvia took them to OT today.

I think he choose not to. Lots of the top professional players aren't playing in the tournament, especially for the US (roughly 2/3 of the team is 23 and under, some played in college).

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah, OEL had that shoulder injury towards the end of the season. Wouldn't shock me if it was more serious than reported. Or could just be a nice convenient excuse :laugh:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
There was discussion on TSN that some players that are already participating in the World Cup declined an invite to the World Championships.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Some guy by the name of Matthews had 3 points today (2 goals, 1 assist).
Murphy didn't have a point.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Domi is only getting 8 min tops avg per game .. most of his time is spent killing penalties.. I am not surprised he has no points.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Murphy with another goal and apparently Reider did some damage to Perry. Hope Tobi is ok.

Murphy is roaming more in the WC games and using his shot more. Coaching or something new for him?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Rieder missed Germany's game today. I don't know how bad it is, but I wouldn't think it will affect his offseason much or next season for the Coyotes.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Let's hope Murphy is a little more selfish this next season. I love that he's potting some goals. He didn't have a whole lot this year but he is progressing very nicely.

To the point where if he signs a good contract, I'm buying his jersey in September.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Murphy is roaming more in the WC games and using his shot more. Coaching or something new for him?

He's always had an offensive touch to his game. As far back as I was able to find, every scouting report praised his offensive abilities. Likely just has more freedom.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I recall watching Murphy doing a very impressive job of QBing the power play during rookie camp some years ago. He has some solid offensive skills.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I recall watching Murphy doing a very impressive job of QBing the power play during rookie camp some years ago. He has some solid offensive skills.

Part of the problem is that he's often paired with OEL. Don't get me wrong, OEL rocks, but he also has defensive lapses at times. Additionally, I think the only way Murphy gets more ice-time is to play defensively rather than trying to match OEL's offensive knack.

If we could ever sign/draft/acquire a 1st pairing RHD, Murphy could be an excellent 2nd RHD if paired with a defensive D-man (preferable a veteran) or a solid 2-way d-man. That leaves Stone on the 3rd pairing, which is probably underutilizing him, which means he might have to be moved despite the injury reducing his value.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Let's hope Murphy is a little more selfish this next season. I love that he's potting some goals. He didn't have a whole lot this year but he is progressing very nicely.

To the point where if he signs a good contract, I'm buying his jersey in September.

He also seems pretty committed to this team as well. I think he spent almost all of last summer here in the Valley with the trainers here

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
At least it is an MCL. They heal well with fewer problems than ACL/PCL injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad