Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes vs Jets Jan 18 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Not necessarily, but in order to be suspended more than 5 games the NHL has to offer an in person. There was one case earlier in the year offered an in person hearing and the suspension ended up 2 or 3 games anyway. It does mean they are considering it though.

Thanks Aavco - makes sense.

Unfortunately, if he's suspended for X games, I'm really not sure how much that hurts Chicago.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I hope that "worst game they played all year" is fresh in their minds. Good chance to right a wrong.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Who do we think will get the start? I would think Pavs.

Agreed. After his last start, there's no reason to break the rotation for this one. I imagine the fans will give him a pretty good applause as well. Would be nice if he can build off of that. Hopefully the Jets give the Yotes payback for the last one, because this one does kind of have a recipe for another letdown game... this team doesn't really fall into those as much this year though!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@FriedgeHNIC: Shane Doan not dressed for ARIZ tonight. Per @azc_mclellan, lower-body from shot block. May face WIN tomorrow

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This can't be good if it's true

@DamoSpin: Believed Jets C Mathieu Perreault has torn elbow ligament from Dan Carcillo crosscheck. Carcillo could face suspension of 5-7 games.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
From the NHL Department of Player Safety FAQ:

What is the difference between a telephone hearing and an in-person hearing?

If the Department of Player Safety determines that any supplemental discipline from an infraction will result in five games or less or a fine of more than $5,000, the hearing is conducted by phone.

If the infraction might require a suspension of six games or more, the offending player is offered the opportunity to an in-person hearing. In this case, the player remains suspended until the hearing takes place. If the player waives his right to an in-person hearing, the hearing will be conducted by phone.

So Carcillo is suspended indefinitely (for now) since they haven't even bothered to set a date for his in-person hearing.

Also came across this odd bit of news from their press release about Carcillo:

Carcillo was not penalized for the play that occurred near the end of the second period (he drew a penalty for cross-checking Jets forward Mark Scheifele afterward).

Also went on to say
The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: cross-checking. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
For those of us who slag Ladd from time to time, you soon forget that after watching Ladd on the first Jets goal, hustles his butt down the ice, hammers a Hawk gets possession of the puck, carries it out from behind the Hawks net and lays a perfect pass to Bogo for the Jets first goal!:handclap: Third liner=no frickin way!

PS There is also a reason he wear's the C, heart, grit and ability!

I'm confuse.

Yup our Captain is awesome.
To think 6 players on our team gets paid more than him.

With all the other stuffs that he gives on the ice, off the ice. He still amnge to lead the team in scoring

how many 1st goal and game winning goals he have now?

he has been underpaid since we signed some of our key players 2 years ago.

Hope he still signs his next contract here.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I didn't notice anyone game-day thread sign up for this. Is there a tutorial around? Is there a specific software needed?

I can't even properly post a spread sheet here, and I've tried serveral times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad