GDT: Coyotes @ VGK 7pm

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
A problem with not starting Subban enough is Fleury could run out of gas. Then the goalie options would be a struggling starter and a backup goalie that the coach doesn’t trust.

Both the offense and the defense are struggling too much. Is one player in a deal going to fix that?

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Really think a whole top 3 line mix up would be worth trying. Something like:

Pacioretty - Karlsson - Smith
Pirri - Stastny - Tuch
Marche - Eakin - Zykov/Lindberg/Nosek

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Really think a whole top 3 line mix up would be worth trying. Something like:

Pacioretty - Karlsson - Smith
Pirri - Stastny - Tuch
Marche - Eakin - Zykov/Lindberg/Nosek

I think the D needs a shakeup more than anything

Still waiting for

Theodore Schmidt
McNabb Miller
Bischoff Engelland

I know you're reading this, Turk. Do it!

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Have been meditating on last night's mess.

I think many of us, especially myself, are evaluating this team in light of what happened last season. But last year was something that occurred in a parallel universe, with no reasonable, rational or earthly explanation for how the VGKs made it to the Cup finals. Need to place that amazing run into the "fondly remembered" file and move on. Regression was inevitable. So many players were not going to have career seasons again. There's not the intangible effect of something like the 1 October horror (thank God!). And on and on. This is still a damn good second year expansion team that, barring a complete collapse (which isn't entirely out of the question) will make the playoffs again. Of course, unless a miracle transformation, likely out in the first round, but still... :thumbu:

Remember, playoffs in 3/Cup in 6 (or was it adjusted to 5?). :laugh:

Turk called the team out for being soft, which I think is spot on. Maybe not as much a question of skill, ability, etc. as a lack of toughness and compete in the collective mindset.

So who among the players can/will rip the team a few new ones? Players have already said the change must come from themselves and not the coaches. Wondering if not having a designated captain is a weakness here. But who would that even be, if anyone, on the current roster?

Rhetorical questions. Just thinking out loud. Getting things out of my system.

Now I feel better!

Sort of. :laugh:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

I think many of us, especially myself, are evaluating this team in light of what happened last season. But last year was something that occurred in a parallel universe, with no reasonable, rational or earthly explanation for how the VGKs made it to the Cup finals. Need to place that amazing run into the "fondly remembered" file and move on. Regression was inevitable. So many players were not going to have career seasons again. There's not the intangible effect of something like the 1 October horror (thank God!). And on and on. This is still a damn good second year expansion team that, barring a complete collapse (which isn't entirely out of the question) will make the playoffs again. Of course, unless a miracle transformation, likely out in the first round, but still... :thumbu:

Turk called the team out for being soft, which I think is spot on. Maybe not as much a question of skill, ability, etc. as a lack of toughness and compete in the collective mindset.

So who among the players can/will rip the team a few new ones? Players have already said the change must come from themselves and not the coaches. Wondering if not having a designated captain is a weakness here. But who would that even be, if anyone, on the current roster?

Now I feel better!

There’s regression though and then there’s this... we got on the Vegas regression train, fell asleep and missed our stop.:laugh:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Now I feel better!

Last year is the benchmark, it's what every team aspires to achieve, even though we fell short. The problem is that if this team can't play at that level, they have also forfeited future assets to keep the team competitive, and can be stuck in the mushy middle long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad