Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Trade Comrie to Detroit for Saarijarvi

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Uh, ok. Maybe Chayka needs to get out on the ice and get clobbered a few times and he'll feel differently about gritty guys to help the little guys.

Reactions: _Del_

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
From Hockey's Future...

Talent Analysis

Saarijarvi is a fleet but small skating defenseman with off the charts offensive instincts. His size and attacking impulses sometimes compromise his defensive play and he will need to increase his awareness to have success at the next level.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/vili-saarijarvi/#zdH4oqmCKKu6LE5Q.99

So not "gritty" at all but a small, skilled Dman.

Reactions: MIG

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I don't know why anyone was expecting a significant acquisition for a guy we picked up off of waivers. I was hoping for a 7th dman to fill in until Hammer is back. We weren't going to get an everyday NHL player for Comrie.

This guy's maybe a 9 with some upside in a couple years?

Reactions: Jakey53

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I don't know why anyone was expecting a significant acquisition for a guy we picked up off of waivers. I was hoping for a 7th dman to fill in until Hammer is back. We weren't going to get an everyday NHL player for Comrie.

This guy's maybe a 9 with some upside in a couple years?

Who's giving you that impression?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Depth swap. Saarijarvi is shaping into a career minors guy. Cormie might sip another cup of coffee or two in the NHL (especially with the current state of the Wings).

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We got something for nothing. Comrie isn’t going to unseat Raanta or Keumper for a role on the squad. I think those of us who thought this might lead to a bigger trade involving Raanta are probably disappointed but given how important having 2 capable goalies has been to our strong start to the season I’m not sure anyone should be surprised that Comrie was flipped.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I assume Arizona legend Calvin Pickard is the loser in this trade. He is listed with a save percentage of .829 in 6 games for the Red Wings this season. Comrie might actually get to play in Detroit.

Comrie was a great insurance against injuries though, did that job great. Was thinking they might as well keep him with that task.

So, I don't want to say what the pessimist in me thinks will happen next.:oops:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Something for nothing, as someone said above. I still think helping Tucson not be trash is underrated, so if they think he can be a PP contributor there and has some upside, I'm more than fine with this. Also stops us from unnecessarily carrying three goalies and burning a small amount of cap.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Might also just mean they'd seen all they needed from Comrie and wanted to clear up that log-jam. Maybe there's a slight chance Saarijarvi can fill in as the sixth/seventh defenseman for the time-being, but we're likely still searching for an answer there.

SCT

May 6, 2015
He’s an offensive minded D with one point in the AHL. Capo, Gross, Russo and Mayo are all ahead of him on the depth chart. Depth trade and that’s about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad