• Tyler Steenbergen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noel Hoefenmayer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Was anyone hyping Hill as an A prospect prior to him having his 10ish game run with the parent club in Nov/Dec? He was barely in the conversation of being in the Top 10 a year ago. I agree he’s on the radar screen but I don’t know if he has NHL starter potential. I’m certainly not willing to consider Hill as a goalie I wouldn’t leave unexposed for the expansion draft.

I thought that in about 2 years time, we would have a serviceable backup, at the very least. Hill just kind of quietly goes about his business.

That's not to say that Prosvetov is not going to reach certain career points in the same fashion and that his ceiling is lower. I just see very similar career and talent trajectories, and it was surprising to see a significant number of votes thrown at the 20 year old vs the 23 year old in a position that takes longer to develop.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I thought that in about 2 years time, we would have a serviceable backup, at the very least. Hill just kind of quietly goes about his business.

That's not to say that Prosvetov is not going to reach certain career points in the same fashion and that his ceiling is lower. I just see very similar career and talent trajectories, and it was surprising to see a significant number of votes thrown at the 20 year old vs the 23 year old in a position that takes longer to develop.
It’s likely recency bias. He played out of this world and almost single handedly won his team an OHL championship this year. I thought it was a big deal myself.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
It’s likely recency bias. He played out of this world and almost single handedly won his team an OHL championship this year. I thought it was a big deal myself.
In addition, Morgan has stated multiple times how the team is very high on him. When that is being said my expectations will rise for the player

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
It's the cartwheels, isn't it?

In all seriousness, it is a good problem to have two goalies who should contend for NHL minutes before the age of 25. Hopefully, this is a 1-2 punch, in some order. Or we at least get a true #1 out of one of these two.

Reactions: LuckyNumber11

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's the cartwheels, isn't it?

In all seriousness, it is a good problem to have two goalies who should contend for NHL minutes before the age of 25. Hopefully, this is a 1-2 punch, in some order. Or we at least get a true #1 out of one of these two.
I’ll bet you neither ever make much of themselves in the NHL. I hate goalie prospects. I don’t get the point of them. Haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad