• Noel Hoefenmayer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Suggest names to be added to the poll going forward.

Yes we're skipping 2, not having Soderstrom at least 2 is too edgy even for me.

1 - Barret Hayton (44 votes - 88%)
2 - Victor Soderstrom (default)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Man, that is an ugly group from just a few years ago.

Merkley hasn't taken enough steps. Jenik looks good early. Westerlund was a miss.

I really like Capo here but I'm also really high on Prosvetov. We've never quite had a goalie with this potential. I think he can win a Vezina.

FWIW Hoefenmayer is no longer Coyotes property.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I had no idea where to go with this one honestly. Very murky waters right there. Luckily most of our youth is in the league at this point. Went with Prosvetov as it seems like they believe he's a future starter in the league.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Merkley is always hurt. Capo got really badly hurt. Goalie prospects are a complete crapshoot. I guess Jenik? I don’t know. Our prospect pool is very sad.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Honestly why is Hofenmayer in the list. He’s UFA. Nobody in the NHL is tendering him a contract.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Isn't that strange? He had a good season, no?

I brought up this likelihood months ago. With the number of LD we have in our system this was a fairly obvious result. Given nobody has rushed out to snag him it shows there are some concerns in his game and ability to play at next level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostface Keller

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I don't think our prospect pool is barren. There is a lot of development time needed for these players.

Surprised that Merkley is thought of so lowly. He has produced, but hasn't stayed healthy enough to show it. He may be a wildcard to make the opening night roster. If not, he is a career AHLer, with a couple of call-up opportunities in future scenarios.

Also surprised that Provetsov > Hill in prospect rankings. Hill is a pro at this point, don't know if he is any longer considered a prospect outright, but he is much closer to playing in the NHL than Provetsov, so not certain how he is considered a worse prospect at this point.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't think our prospect pool is barren. There is a lot of development time needed for these players.

Surprised that Merkley is thought of so lowly. He has produced, but hasn't stayed healthy enough to show it. He may be a wildcard to make the opening night roster. If not, he is a career AHLer, with a couple of call-up opportunities in future scenarios.

Also surprised that Provetsov > Hill in prospect rankings. Hill is a pro at this point, don't know if he is any longer considered a prospect outright, but he is much closer to playing in the NHL than Provetsov, so not certain how he is considered a worse prospect at this point.
I should be making the same argument. That being said Provotsev exceeded expectations (he was a dominant OHL presence last year) while Hill was relatively mediocre in the A after a very strong NHL start. I expected Hill to carry that team to the AHL playoffs and it didn't happen. Provotsev if he doesn't get suspended wins a OHL championship. This is a good debate though.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I believe Prosvetov's ceiling is seen as much higher than Hill's. Hill I feel like is being seen as a future NHL backup, where several accounts are seen Prosvetov as a future starter

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Curious to see where Prosvetov plays next season. He might be done with juniors but he also needs reps.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m convinced that nobody on earth can actually project how goalies will develop. They just take kids who look good right now and swear by them. The guys who get lucky most often are experts. I think they’re just making it up. Haha.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I can't say I know how to evaluate anyone if I'm being honest. My rankings are fully based off of what I read and gut reactions, as well as complete generalizations that I see in the prospect game every year :nod:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I shouldn't have put it all on Hill being a better prospect solely based on him being closer to the NHL.

I do think that Hill is a keeper and a better prospect than Provetsov at this point. While it would have been nice to have him bring us to the playoffs, we were trending that way until our NHL roster depletion created a depleted AHL roster. Didn't we have a game this year where we only dressed 16 or 17 players?

We didn't have quite the same roster and had to deal with taking the better players away for callups. We missed the playoffs by 1 point in the AHL. I don't view that as an indictment against Hill's potential or ability as a prospect.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I shouldn't have put it all on Hill being a better prospect solely based on him being closer to the NHL.

I do think that Hill is a keeper and a better prospect than Provetsov at this point. While it would have been nice to have him bring us to the playoffs, we were trending that way until our NHL roster depletion created a depleted AHL roster. Didn't we have a game this year where we only dressed 16 or 17 players?

We didn't have quite the same roster and had to deal with taking the better players away for callups. We missed the playoffs by 1 point in the AHL. I don't view that as an indictment against Hill's potential or ability as a prospect.
Was anyone hyping Hill as an A prospect prior to him having his 10ish game run with the parent club in Nov/Dec? He was barely in the conversation of being in the Top 10 a year ago. I agree he’s on the radar screen but I don’t know if he has NHL starter potential. I’m certainly not willing to consider Hill as a goalie I wouldn’t leave unexposed for the expansion draft.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Was anyone hyping Hill as an A prospect prior to him having his 10ish game run with the parent club in Nov/Dec? He was barely in the conversation of being in the Top 10 a year ago. I agree he’s on the radar screen but I don’t know if he has NHL starter potential. I’m certainly not willing to consider Hill as a goalie I wouldn’t leave unexposed for the expansion draft.

I saw him as a Darcy Kuemper replacement once his contract expired this coming season but with the way Kuemps closed the season, I'm not as sure now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad