SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Not enough love for Kyle Wood, I voted him 4, 5 now 6.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Fischer.

Excited to see the next poll. I think that's where this gets very interesting.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Went with Fischer, but thought about MacInnis, Merkley and Wood here, too.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My top 12

Strome
Chychrun
Dvorak
Keller
Perlini
DeAngelo
Fischer
Wood
MacInnis
Dauphin
Merkley
Capobianco

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Shocked that Fischer is getting more love than Perlini at this point. Floor maybe higher for Fischer but that ceiling on Perlini is top 10 LW high.

My top 12 for what it's worth

Strome
Dvorak
Keller
DeAngelo
Chychrun
Perlini
Fischer
Merkley
McInnis
Wood
Dauphin
Capobianco

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
DeAngelo over Fischer?.. I'm done with those polls. Too much love for bust from another organization. Haha

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
DeAngelo over Fischer?.. I'm done with those polls. Too much love for bust from another organization. Haha

I agree, but I assume people went with raw upside on that vote. I don't even really consider him a prospect as he'll need to make it sometime this season or he'll bust.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
100% chance we see DeAngelo in Glendale this season and I'd put it at 0% chance we seen enough of Fischer to burn a year of his ELC. Keller may well have a "higher ceiling" or whatever than Dvorak, but the fact that Dvorak is almost certainly on the roster this year is worth a few percentage points. Strome, Dvorak, Samuelsson, Gaudet, Dauphin and Perlini all feel closer than Fischer at this point to actually making the NHL, so he slides.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Not sure why MacInnis is being ignored after he had a great season every bit as good as Fischer's if not better. It shouldnt be 28-3.

This time last year people were rating Merkley over Dvorak which wasnt really justified. Sometimes ratings get a bit unbalanced.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Fischer had a better year, and is a year younger.

MacInnis Year after draft 67gp 25g 37a 62pts
Fischer Year after draft 66gp 40g 50a 90pts

That is a pretty wide margin.

MacInnis just put up a 59gp 38g 43a 81pts season, which is still be behind Fischer's #'s.

MacInnis I think goes next over Perlini, but that one will be close....this one shouldn't be.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dobber Hockey has DeAngelo as 16th best prospect overall. Strome was at 5 and Dvorak at 7. Keller in at 23. Chychrun at 26. Perlini 50th. 6 of the top prospects in entire league.

We often talk about hockey sense and on that attribute DeAngelo is elite. Elite.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Dobber Hockey has DeAngelo as 16th best prospect overall. Strome was at 5 and Dvorak at 7. Keller in at 23. Chychrun at 26. Perlini 50th. 6 of the top prospects in entire league.

We often talk about hockey sense and on that attribute DeAngelo is elite. Elite.

agreed, which why there are character concerns because Yzerman isn't an idiot, and it seems that DeAngelo had more value than a 2nd rounder...there is definite risk there with DeAngelo, but no one can deny the talent is huge.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree, but I assume people went with raw upside on that vote. I don't even really consider him a prospect as he'll need to make it sometime this season or he'll bust.

He still has time, and unlike Gormley he can skate. Funny how posters blamed the organization for Gormley's failure, even though he never ever showed he belonged in the years he was here, and now without even putting on a Coyote sweater we are calling Deangelo a bust if he can't make it this year. :shakehead

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
agreed, which why there are character concerns because Yzerman isn't an idiot, and it seems that DeAngelo had more value than a 2nd rounder...there is definite risk there with DeAngelo, but no one can deny the talent is huge.

There is a risk with any player with a red flag, but if he can get it figured out, this could be a home run of a trade.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Fischer had a better year, and is a year younger.

MacInnis Year after draft 67gp 25g 37a 62pts
Fischer Year after draft 66gp 40g 50a 90pts

That is a pretty wide margin.

MacInnis just put up a 59gp 38g 43a 81pts season, which is still be behind Fischer's #'s.

MacInnis I think goes next over Perlini, but that one will be close....this one shouldn't be.

It's also relevant that this was Fischer's first year in the OHL and MacInnis's third, though Fischer seems to have adjusted well. MacInnis has a lot of value as a center, but the fact that Fischer shoots right makes that a wash.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Not sure why MacInnis is being ignored after he had a great season every bit as good as Fischer's if not better. It shouldnt be 28-3.

This time last year people were rating Merkley over Dvorak which wasnt really justified. Sometimes ratings get a bit unbalanced.

I dont know, I still think highly of Merkley, whereas Dvorak -in my opinion - tops out as a good second liner, I see the potential in Merkley for more, even though he had a bad injury-riddled year.
I think Forum 40 gets ahead of itself in rating Dvorak, he's a fine prospect and a great pickup in the late second round, but picking him ahead of Keller? I dunno

Rating prospects is subjective, and I find it a little condescending of you to say it wasnt justified to pick Merkley ahead of Dvorak.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I have not seen DeAngelo play, but how would he compare with say, Stefan Elliot?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I dont know, I still think highly of Merkley, whereas Dvorak -in my opinion - tops out as a good second liner, I see the potential in Merkley for more, even though he had a bad injury-riddled year.
I think Forum 40 gets ahead of itself in rating Dvorak, he's a fine prospect and a great pickup in the late second round, but picking him ahead of Keller? I dunno

Rating prospects is subjective, and I find it a little condescending of you to say it wasnt justified to pick Merkley ahead of Dvorak.

Merkley was injured like all season wasn't he, one injury then a different one? It's still a bad draft +1 year, but I agree you can't write him off just yet. The next few spots get very interesting, and imo merkley perlini wood capo and macinnis should all be in the mix. I'm a lot higher on wood than some, IMO he's easily top 10, and I'd consider him for the next spot. I also don't see an nhl future for garland, I'm sure he'll get voted way sooner than where I'd rank him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad